Cyclopean Zealot - Highly mobile supertank

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Aug 11, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Cyclopean Zealot
    Shattered Peaks

Race: Cyclops
    Class: Brute
    Size: 2x2

Appearance: A massive, seething Cyclops, painted and tattooed from tip to toe in tribal markings and animal depictions. His left pauldron is comprised of a voil's skull, painted entirely red. He carries a hide and thatch shield the size of an average human, concealing much of his body, and he carries a gigantic femur with a serrated edge over his right shoulder.

Gist: A fatty die-hard tank with mobility options. He punishes melee attackers -- hard. He has the potential to lock down ranged enemies, as well.

Flavor Text: "Ah -- I see the fire in you. I would normally caution against blind vengeance; however, I cannot invoke mercy for such a cold, cruel Queen." -- Zeventrech, The Last

DMG: 8
    SPD: 5
    RNG: 1-2
    DEF: 2
    HP: 48

Attack: Physical
    Counter Attack: Melee
    Enrage 2
    Pace

Upgrade 1:
    Massive Leap 2
    (-5 nora)
    Crushing Charge (default)
    Improve Speed (+0 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Duel
    (default)
    Clamp (+1 nora)
    Combo Attack: Drain (+2 nora)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I think Crusader might be a pain to code.
    Bounty Hunter gives an already existing ability, however there doesn't exist hunter abilities for all races and classes. (Don't think the game can automatically create abilities that isn't already programmed.)
    Against attacking certain champions, it would gain 3+ Hunter abilities.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Too many 2x2 5 speeders T_T.
    I am concerned about the way those Hunter abilities work. Do they stack? After I hit Voil Conqueror and get both Hunter: Voil and Hunter: Warrior, if I hit him again do I benefit from both Hunter abilities or just one? Not sure how that works.

4. soulmilk

They do not stack.

5. allyorbase

Yeah, as with Bounty Hunter vs. an SP/SL Kanen, you don't do +100% damage to other Kanen afterwards, only the +50%... no stacking.

The benefit over Bounty Hunter, which is overtly more reliable, is that it works really well against split themes; otherwise, it can be something of a sandbag vs. FF kitchen sink goodstuff BGs. That's why I would price it at 10-15 nora, compared to Bounty Hunter's 20 nora. EDIT: I don't really like the ability, anymore, for the reasons you brought up, and also because it's just confusing and not all that useful compared to regular old bounty hunter.

I'm killing the whole ability.

I don't like it. He doesn't need it. He's a mobile wall of meat. That's his focus, so why muddy it all up with BS? Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  6. SavageFang

SavageFang Well-Known Member

Why Cyclopean? Wouldn't it just be Cyclops Zealot?

7. allyorbase

I was touching upon Greek myth, where if something was a Cyclops or looked like one, it was called "cyclopean." It also means, "massive," if you ask a dictionary. It just fits, for me.

soulmilk likes this.
  8. soulmilk

I kinda want to see a huge cyclops with an ability like "Devour Enemy - Target enemy adjacent champion with 25% or less max HP is destroyed and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP."

Could also have one summoning Sheeps (Or something similar) with the ability devourable.