Cyclops Racial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Can the Cyclops racial be climb, because they are big champs and should be able to climb over anything.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Do they really need a racial?

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

and some of them need lift because it stops them from relying on teleport bonus speed and huge range.

4. Vorian

Try running a deck full of 2x2s and tell me they don't need climb.

Joker likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I didn't say anything about not needing climb, but not every damn race needs a racial.

6. Vorian

True, they need to make the pathfinder x2 auto include if they don't get climb as a racial. Maybe give it bastion of mobility as well.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

give more cyclops path finder

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

How about we just give every one of them climb like we give every draksar regen and think nothing of it?

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I thought they already had a racial? Everyone knows that their racial is getting in each other's way.

Kampel, Joker, sassquatch and 4 others like this.
  10. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Cyclopize.
    Target friendly Cyclops becomes Immobile for 1 turn.

Joker, sassquatch and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

D'oh- At the beginning of your turns, the friendly Cyclops with the lowest DMG is relocated adjacent to this champion on the space closest to the nearest opposing champion. That relocated Cyclops gains Immobile for 1 turn.

Joker, sassquatch and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Blinds last twice as long against this champion...

TheBulwark, Joker, sassquatch and 2 others like this.
  13. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

One Eye'd
    This champion has poor depth perception and misses half of it's ranged attacks.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I would totally be ok with this.

Vorian likes this.
  15. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

But pathfinder is 2x auto in a cyclops BG.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A wild rodar appeared. It's been super long ago!

17. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

It's nice to see some people talking about this, maybe the Dev's will pay attention to it, the Cyclops really need something like this.
    Though, I had some ideas of my own (of course!):

Monstrous
    This unit has Hunter Small (When this unit would deal attack damage to a Small champion, that damage is increased by 50% (after DEF). When this unit takes attack damage from a Small champion, that damage is reduced by 30% (after DEF)) and causes Fear 1 after destroying a Small champion.
    Give to physically oriented Cyclops.

Blood of the Cyclops
    While this unit is affected by a negative condition with a timer, it has +1 Speed and has + damage, + defense and + Health equal to the time remaining on the effect at the beginning of its turns.
    Give to alternately (Shamans for instance) oriented Cyclops.

Tribal Bond
    When a friendly champion with Race: Cyclops is successfully attacked or makes a successful attack, this champion gains 1 AP and +1 damage for 2 turns. For each friendly champion with Race: Cyclops on cool-down, this champion has +1 damage.

These are less for getting around the mobility. I focused more on the lore surrounding the Cyclops.
    Monstrous is there because I figured, "hey, they're bigger than most guys, it makes sense that they are skilled at fighting small guys."
    Blood is there because the lore points to the Cyclops not being negatively affected by "conditions", and instead using them.
    Tribal Bond is there because of the lore concerning the Cyclops tribes.

Also, has anyone else realized the Cyclops are kinda like the Mafia?

18. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

They had a racial, until Crupz put some of them on a diet.

The old racial was: GIANT2x2OVERCOSTEDMELEESQUISHYCHAMPWITHNODEPTH

They have evovled since then, and have lots of inherent synergy and thematic elements without the need of an ability, that gives more abilities, just for being a cyclops.

19. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

bastion of mobility, bastion of trample, 2x2s just walkin around until somebody explodes.

one 7 speed unit potentially places 14 AoE dmg if he's 2x2. then comes another 6-10 AoE dmg, then another. I'd totally play that kinda playstyle. The no-attack Battlegroup.

Then comes Tough/Enduring Aura opponents. ggwp.

20. Vorian

Bastion of mobility on pathfinder, plus camaraderie on another Cyclops would make them a good theme. They should at least get call to arms.