Cyclops / Siblings suggestion (without butchering the theme)

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by RedScarlet, Aug 21, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I've to say Siblings is bonkers, but how exactly would we fix the theme without butchering the theme?

As of now, we have different paths for the Clops theme hodge-podged into a single theme:
    1) Vitalize (5SPD clops) - revolves around Wardrummer.
    2) Tribal Hut - revolves around Tribal Hut.

But both can co-exist (although not as efficient considering Hauler is 6SPD), and needs additional champ pieces to make the theme function normally: Alpine Cyclops.
    So this makes 3 runes that must exist within a Cyclops BG, excluding Boost, Atk: Magic, Improve X, or equips.

Since Siblings is currently OP, together with the low cost of Cyclops, I wouldn't mind (as I play them myself) having them nerfed, but rather than carelessly butchering them, its way better to restructure them into a more functional theme that works nearly similar to other themes. I think the restructuring of their themes can be:

A.) Focusing on Vitalize, making all race: Cyclops to 5SPD, retain larger part of their discount, while Vitalize/Improve Speed is given to other champs (preferrably 5 champs inside a 30 rune, so that you won't draw-lose)

B.) Getting rid of Vitalize, making all race: Cyclops to 6SPD, reduce the discount on Clops.

C.) Giving them a mobility-based key mechanics that merge all that is needed: Pathfinder, Vitalize, +1RNG, or Siege, to not let them be creepblocked by cheap meats or relics while being AoEd to deaths in bottleneck positions. (e.g, Pathfinder, Mobility, Relocate: Foe, Siege Lord, Siege?)

D.) Giving them an endurance-based key mechanics that allows them to be creepblocked, relic-blocked, and AoE spammed, but would still retain survivability. (e.g, Tough, Regeneration, Enduring Aura)

Several nerfs on top of my head would be on simply: Siblings, once that bonus is taken out, they can function like normal champs.
    However, these needs some tappings:

i.) Drudge Cyclops (get rid of Vuln: Psychic)
    ii.) Earthshaker (cost bump to 60ish or <70, get rid of Vuln: Magical)
    iii.) Klub (cost bump to 75)
    iv.) Tribal Hut (When this unit is deployed, you reveal an additional 4 Cyclops champion from your runedock. Friendly Cyclops within 6 spaces gains Sibling. When this unit is destroyed, friendly Cyclops within 6 spaces recovers 2 AP.)

Other than that, I don't think they have a problem since most of the things in the meta hits hard anyways, and their damage without Sibling is pretty average at <12DMG.

Several key mechanics I have on top of my head, and have vouched in the past multiple times:

The Biggest Stick (Anytime this champion becomes the friendly Cyclops champion with the highest Nora cost in play, it gains these abilities in order for each friendly Cyclops you control with less Nora cost than this champion: Pathfinder, Vitalize, Improve Range, Tough 3, Bulwark: Behemoth)

Cyclopean Vitality (This champion has Consume. When this champion consumes a friendly champion, it also gains +10 max HP, a rank of Tough, and a rank of Regeneration. If the consumed champion has this ability, its cooldown is reduced by 1 for each friendly champion you control with this ability)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Cyclopean Vitality (This champion has Consume. When this champion consumes a friendly champion, it also gains +10 max HP, a rank of Tough, and a rank of Regeneration. If the consumed champion has this ability, its cooldown is reduced by 1 for each friendly champion you control with this ability)[/quote]

This is a cool ability but I don't think it belongs in the Cyclops theme.

3. RedScarlet

Yea i guess thats UD FW lol

4. MadLotar

MadLotar The King of Potatoes

i.) Drudge Cyclops (get rid of Vuln: Psychic)
    ii.) Earthshaker (cost bump to 60ish or <70, get rid of Vuln: Magical)
    iii.) Klub (cost bump to 75)
    iv.) Tribal Hut (When this unit is deployed, you reveal an additional 4 Cyclops champion from your runedock. Friendly Cyclops within 6 spaces gains Sibling. When this unit is destroyed, friendly Cyclops within 6 spaces recovers 2 AP.)

Your suggestion for tribal hut would be too broken. If people have a problem with the shoe box cyclops that are benefiting from it now, what do you think they would do if all friendly cyclops within six spaces had sibling? I do agree that the tribal hut mechanic should be changed and that the cyclops that currently are affected by it be improved a bit so they aren't so shoe box anymore.

I think it would be best to change the mechanics of tribal hut. It can used as a minor speed or range boosting relic (within an area of effect) and it could have a further effect if it is destroyed (maybe giving cyclops within an area of effect berserk 1 for two turns). That way, cyclops might get a damage boost but at the same time get careless as a drawback (while still benefiting from it in some way).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  5. Woffleet

Or perhaps the hut could only grant maulers sibling and new huts could be added to give other cyclops sibling

6. MadLotar

Isn't that what the original tribal hut did?

7. Woffleet

No clue

8. MadLotar

It was; the reason they added those other cyclops was so they could see play. The old gimmick combo for mauler was tribal hut/mauler/tribal war. It didn't work very well but it was fun to play at times.

9. RedScarlet

I guess its Siblings that needs a tapping. In any case, all the siblings champs we see are too efficient anyway.

If we have to restructure Tribal Hut, I think it could revolve around these benefits: permanent snowball buffs, KB damage, and powerturn font contester.

FORM 1. Buff if alive, Buff if destroyed.
    DMG and Pseudo-APgen (via the +1RNG) which can take the form of:

Tribal Hut (Friendly Cyclops champion within 6 spaces gains +1RNG, and +2DMG. This effect stacks. When this relic is destroyed, the nearest friendly Cyclops champion you control gains Berserker 3 for 6 turns)

Keep nora cost at 25.

FORM 2 Interesting KB mechanics.
    or uniquely contribute to a KB theme:

Tribal Hut (This relic have Relocate Self. When this relic is damaged by knockback damage, the damage dealt per instance is increased by 8 Physical damage. When this relic is destroyed, friendly Cyclops within 4 spaces gains +1RNG permanently)

Works well with the theme's Hauler (relocate: relic, then relocate: self to allow KB killings easier), Hurler (KB), Cyclops Eye Belt (KB), Earthshaker (tremor KB)

Keep nora cost at 25.

FORM 3 Boring racial plain buff. boring, but ultimately meta-viable.

Tribal Hut (This relic is counted as a Cyclops, and a relic. Friendly Cyclops champions within 5 spaces gains Protective. This relic has Guarded: Cyclops)

Bump nora cost to 35 (+10 Nora).