Dailies for new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runegod, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Whatever, Pox runs on negative affect or something which doesn't really work anymore unless you're some low rent farmville clone squeezing people a dollar at a time.

2. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

This would be a good idea or even if they made packs for the actual faction i wanna play. Let's say i buy a box and the faction i am playing is sl and all the runes except a few are from other factions and i just grinded to get that box what are the odds the majority of players continue? This wouldn't be an issue if earning gold was a little quicker or if trading was simple in this game. And f2p kinda has to work not everyone can spend 20 dollars to get some virtual cards that we don't really own.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I have always thought it would be interesting and fun if the PoxNora campaign/daily bosses dropped gold instead of nora. They could also create secret bosses, new levels, and dungeons with treasure chests with gold bonus etc. Another idea I thought might be fun is to attach high gold bonuses for completing the achievements. For example "1k gold bonus for completing the achievement Authority over Poison*" By attaching high gold bonuses to achievements and creating new maps you could add so much versatility to the game. (If you are unfamiliar with what Achievements are log into your account go to "my profile" and click on achievements.) By attaching gold bonuses to achievements it would motivate players to learn new strategy, get to know other factions and obtain cool achievement icons like "Big Bad wolf", or "More Bear than Cat". Achievements should be badges attached to profile stats or able to be displayed in other places as well.

4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Achievements are a nice idea. They do give gold bonuses for bosses at times. In the dailies where you beat the super champ you earn "Bounty" rewards.

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Just to pop in to comment. Revising the Public Decks is something we would like to address which should make it easier for new players to complete the dailies. There are other features we would like to add that make it easier to earn gold, but all of these take time to design and implement. At the moment one of our major focuses is still on tuning runes from the initial release of the Revamp.

We would also like to work on the Single Player campaigns and such. One of the features that have been long wanted and one we really want to impliment when able is skermish matches, which I think would be a lot more popular to play than the dailies. But, like everything theses things take time.

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Wonderful news! Thank you Senshu!

7. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

That's not entirely true. Tourney tickets are a huge source of revenue. You can't play in tournies or even watch them without paying money.

Microtransactions -- especially ones that revolve around cosmetics and tournament entry -- require a large player base. DOTA began with a massive base because it began as a MOD for a popular game. It really can't be compared to PoxNora.