Daily Achievement Brainstorming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Authyrtyr, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

So @Senshu mentioned here that they would be adding daily achievements for more gold accrual. I would like to open this thread as a place to post ideas for daily achievements that would encourage people to try things that they normally wouldn't.

Senshu posted "Play with a FF FW BG" which many people agreed was good

Here's some good one's posted by @Sepulcher. Any more anyone can think of?

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I think there should be one for losing to KF

Lushiris likes this.
  3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Kill X amount of champions in a single turn.
    Don't lose any champions.
    Heal X amount of HP during the game.
    Push an enemy off a cliff.
    Use only X race runes in your BG.
    Only field champions. (no spells/equips/relics)
    Don't curse in chat when you start losing.
    Have control of all fonts before winning.
    Field X amount of champions during a game.
    Have a champion finish a turn X spaces away from where it started it.
    Have a champion deal X amount of damage in a turn.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

there should be one to loosing to players like tinydragon you get 1k gold for COURAGE!

5. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No. Ive beaten him before.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

use more than one faction in a FF bg

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Don't use any spells for a game

Senshu likes this.
  8. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

I think these are kinda hard for newcommers to pull out. I do like the use of races though, we could have something like "kill 3 champions with a jakei", same thing with class.

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

IF these could be apply to Campaign/Single player, these should be fine.

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Keep in mind achievments can be done vs AI too. "AI" and "hard" can't exist in the same sentence IMO :p

11. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

Eh, I went to check again on the thread, I must have missed the first time I read it. You guys are right, my bad. :<

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Highlander

13. Authyrtyr

I myself (when I was a new player) and numerous new players I've known have great difficulty with anything above the lowest difficulty in campaign mode (which includes daily fights). The AI can be hard to get past if your deck isn't complete or if you aren't a very good player.

14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Some real interesting suggestions here.

Something to point out that is one of the factors for not having some real high challenge Achievements at the moment is as ShionNR stated.

The major thing with this system in place is we can add more Achievements as we see fit, but first we need to get a baseline on how well the system works before we start getting too elaborate with the conditions.

15. Authyrtyr

Good point about setting up a baseline. I think that it might be a good idea to have achievements tailored to various levels of player ability and then give each individual daily achievements tailored to their ability level. That kind of system might come after that baseline you were talking about though.

16. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

Are the achievements which are already implemented as listed in the profile page also factored in and rewarded with gold or runes?

Some suggestions for the dailies (mostly to encourage trying out different mechanics)
    • kill a shrine
    • heal a champion with less than 10hp
    • kill a champion with an aura
    • kill a unit with your avatar
    • deploy a passive unit in a match
    • disable a champion in a match (stunned|paralyzed|charmed|pacified)
    • engage a champion with 3 of your champions in a match
    • win a 1vs1 font battle in a match (probably hard to implement)
    • use X different abilities in a match
    • apply a dot with an attack to a champion
    • kill 2 champions with an AoE-spell
    • move a champion using a relocation effect
    • deploy a trap
    • kill a champ with extra AP gained after the beginning of a turn
    • generate 15 nora in a match
    • observe two ranked matches within 2 minutes of beginning to the end
    • defend an attack of a champion (block|dodge|deflect|divert)
    Maybe if done right the achievements can spice up the meta as well just a bit (perhaps only in ranked?):
    • detect a stealthed unit | capture a font with a stealthed unit (both on the same day)
    • shatter 2 equips in match | deploy 2 equips in match (both on the same day)
    • exploit a vulnerability of a champion | attack with a champion with a vulnerability (both on the same day)
    • play a game without using a ranged attack
    • play a match without using a spell
    • play a highlander game
    • play a game using only core deck runes
    • win a game with 3 relics deployed | destroy 3 relics in a match (both on the same day)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Cumulative/linked achievements can also supplement single daily achievements. To encourage diversity in competitive play, you might have:

Win a ranked match with a full faction K'thir Forest deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Ironfist Stronghold deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Savage Tundra deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Forglar Swamp deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Forsaken Wastes deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Underdepths deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Sundered Lands deck.
    Win a ranked match with a full faction Shattered Peaks deck.​

Each with its own gold reward. However, these do not reset until you complete:

Win a ranked match with a full faction deck from all four Protectorate factions (satisfied by completing the first four above).
    Win a ranked match with a full faction deck from all four Wrath factions (satisfied by completing the last four above).​

Each carries a larger gold reward. However, these do not reset until you complete:

Win a ranked match with a full faction deck from all eight factions (satisfied by completing both of the previous ones).
    With the largest gold reward or a prize. Once completed, the cycle resets. It can be completed once per day max, but can also be worked on over time if one needs or prefers.
    Note that you can't just milk the achievement for your favorite faction each day and ignore the rest, because it won't reset until you at least make it to the next tier. These type of achievements also give a sense of progression and a keep things nicely organized.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

No, these are completely separate from those at the moment. Good Question.

19. Authyrtyr

On the topic of those achievements, is there any plans to take another look at that system or add any rewards to the level system currently existing in pox? Alot of us are level 99 and it's completely meaningless and we didn't really get anything as part of the process of getting there.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

How are these achievements going to interface with Steam achievements? Will they be recorded on the Steam platform in the same way other games use Steam achievements?