Darkmarsh Witch

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by ShionNR, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ShionNR

ShionNR I need me some PIE!

It's a known fact that the Midterm left a bitter taste on FW with the Risen Granadier, a champion that doesn't fit at all with our faction.

But on the other hand, Darkmarsh Witch fits well with FW, she fits better there than on her own faction. So what you guys think about Darkmarsh Witch being split with FW? Would be good? Too OP? Should we start whining for it to happen? Or just don't care? Well, give me your opinions.

2. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

They should indeed switch the factions of the two runes as the grenadier can share with the fire immune salaman of that sort. As for witch in FW I believe it would at up to be a whole lot of nothing. Unless of course they keep her boonless and you try out the foul rite on her lmao 3 damage per unit.

3. ShionNR

Non-undead witches don't have boon, so no point in giving the undead racial to her. Also, Foul Rite only buffs humans and she is a boghopper, she would still get +1 damage per unit though. She fits pretty well with death benefit plays, which is one of the FW specialities.

4. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

Maybe make them both split...I was looking at someones bg today splitting fs and my thoughts were about the same...wow that should be fw!

5. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

You don't say, and in death benefit it'll be the whole lot of nothing i was saying. She has no other benefit in scaling other than her damage. at 44 hp 5 range 0 def not exactly late game domination worthy.

6. ShionNR

Don't forget she can also heal using her morsels, might not look much at first but it helps a lot, not to mention the new witch with heal and Death Guards. And well, squish ranged units is what FW is about, another reason why she fits so well lol.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's been talked about before it is still a bad idea and abuseable for death benefit bg's.

8. ShionNR

Do you remember what reasons were those?

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes her ability with fw's short lived champs and cheap meat bg's would be overpowered, especially when ran with things like repurpose and foul rite.

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

This topic was discussed on its day, and apparently the developers did not agree to made it happen. Not like they explicitly posted to tell their opinion, is just it never happened.

Cheap retoric, mostly. Your typical "it's op in your faction, but fine in mine" argument. You know, unleash memories on a champion with two ways to generate charges, and 2 def and 51 hp at base and the same range is perfectly balanced, if not borderline shoebox, but the darkmarsh witch on FW would be freaking OP!

11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

They take into consideration the incredibly advanced skill of fw players when balancing FW.

kalasle likes this.
  12. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

She should have split with FW. Only makes sense since there are barely any witches outside of FW.

Edit: It would fit well with Tortun Bokor being FW/FS as well.

And toss in some grenadiers as well. Favorite combo in the game = long fuse bomb plus desecration. Big-bada-boom

Hell, I run those is my witch bg right now. Most people don't calculate for that much damage across such a large space. Pain curse, desecration, and long fuse bomb can turn the tides of any battle.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Poxlife likes this.