Dear DoG, On Disciple's Rapture

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by tangmcgame, Jul 1, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Please un-Hawkfain this piece of Bane Shift ability as quickly as possible.

Yours truly,
    People with brains

Sepulcher likes this.
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Sorry, I'm not understanding the reference.

3. tangmcgame

Disciple's Rapture, the unique ability for Sheoul's Disciples, is terrible. I want them to fix it.

4. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

They did fix it. It didn't work before.

5. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Remember when it gained Manic and Intimidating for 1 turn? Hah!

6. tangmcgame

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I want them to make it nonshitty.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Absorb and Initiative 1 to base would be cool. Then remove that rapture ability to lower cost. Is that enough?

8. tangmcgame

I'll take just about anything. I really hate the phrase "THIS IS AN INSULT" when used by a player about a game, but I've never seen any case where it's more appropriate. Intimidating for 1 round is full troll mode.

9. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

This is how it is now. Not one round, one turn :|

10. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was working but then one of these patches reverted it again haha.

11. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

It just needs to be reworked. It's actually a really good ability, because your opponent rarely plans for the Manic to proc, but it's potentially confusing for the owner, too -- in addition to being inaccurately described.

The way it works now, it should read, "After 6 turns in play and ever 5 turns thereafter, this unit has Manic and Intimidating for 1 turn."

Personally, I would be cool with this:

Disciple's Rapture
    When this unit has made 2 successful basic attacks, it gains Bleed. After 4 basic attacks, it gains Manic. After 6 basic attacks and every 2 thereafter, it gains a rank of Frightful Aura (maximum 3).

Note: Frightful Aura gives enemies within 3 spaces -1/-2/-2 DMG and +1/+1/+2 DEF to Undead allies (that part is incidental currently -- the ability could be reworked to give Unholy allies +DEF, instead of just Undead ones).
    First of all, I think the effects should be permanent once the skill triggers. It's too confusing when it's fleeting and everyone's lost count. Also, the above ability requires you to "earn" the effects the good old fashioned UD way, instead of just waiting 6 turns like a pansy. Lastly, because it's more balanced in having to earn the effects, this ability opens UD up to a theme, with multiple "disciple" champs each having this ability. Give it to the Deep Elf Fanatic to balance it (because it's currently ridiculous), as an example. Now, you have an actual "Bleed" theme that doesn't just rely on stuffing your BG with 90-nora Boks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014