Dear Owls (Fighting Complexity Creep)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zenity, Mar 16, 2014.

1. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Yea, king agree with you about all MtG formats being fun, but in a way that is fun changes the things for a while, just for a while, never in actual "ranked match", for that there will be allways standard format.
    About the price, I do not see that much diference, they work to make expancions, some changes and keep the game online, and we should pay for it, the way it is, pay for additional content, and pay for 24/7 care about the servers and fixes, as a individual I am not confortable to pay A LOT (around 300$ ?) to get all the runes from new expancions, but I am not against a 5$ to 15$ subscription per month, plus +/- 20$ to get all the new content (all runes and campains) from a new expancions.

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I really like the points you touched and your suggestions. Well done.

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

MtG has competitive for all formats (even limited, ie draft and sealed). I guess my point (not to get too sidetracked into arguing about MtG) is that a rotation system with multiple formats can have value in splitting up the competitive environment in a meaningful way while also serving to limit the need for power/complexity creep.

4. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

wow
    such thread
    much 10/10
    Its all about the Owls now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

is this thread even about fighting complexity creep anymore? :p

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Well I was trying to argue that a rotation system could provide a framework by which to negate the need to print more over the top things using MtG as my example of how that can be successful. Then it degraded into a discussion about how apparently someone thinks that only the newest format is interesting. I welcome other points on the topic of fighting complexity creep.