Deep Wounds

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Gaedel, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Can someone explain Deep Wounds to me? It does not make sense.

"Whenever this champion strikes an opponent with a basic attack, that champion becomes Wounded (This champion does 50% additional damage when attacked by champions with Deep Wounds. This stacks up to two times)."

I understand that this champion will cause another champion to get Deep Wounds upon a hit. However, what I don't understand is the phrase in parenthesis. The champion that has the Deep Wounds does 50% additional damage, or the champion that caused the Deep Wounds?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Champion with deep wounds with 10 DMG attacks 0 DEF enemy:
    First attack: 10
    Second attack: 15
    Third attack: 20
    Fourth attack: 20
    and this modifier applies to all champions with deep wounds

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I suck at english, but I think the problem is the wording

"This champion does 50% additional damage when attacked by champions with Deep Wounds. "

I think it should be:

"This champion takes 50% additional damage when attacked by champions with Deep Wounds."

The mechanic is the same than what GabrielQ described: a champion with DW deals additional damage to champions with the condition wounded. It only stacks twice, but, honestly, if a champion with DW can't kill an opposite unit in 3-4 hits, the player is doing something wrong.

4. Gaedel

So Deep Wounds is a negative ability then since it causes my opponent to increase his damage?

I'm looking at Hraken the Bloodbow. His upgrade 1 path is: Deep Wounds (+1 nora), Pride of Ailur (+0 nora) and Reinforcement (1) (+1 nora). Why would I ever want to choose Deep Wounds as an upgrade then? Or am I misunderstanding this?

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

No, YOU do more damage since it gives the condition "Deep Wounds" to whatever you hit, causing them to take extra damage from champions with the Deep Wounds ability.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I both like and hate your post. It is both funny and sad. It both reminds me of the good times at school, making me nostalgic (yes, there were some good times) and the horrible times.

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Gaedel, the ability's text is a bit wrong. When a unit with Deep Wounds attacks, it puts a stack of Wounded on the target, up to 2. For every one of those, the unit with Deep Wounds deals 50% more damage to the Wounded champion.

ANY Deep Wounds champion deals extra damage to ANY Wounded champion.

8. GabrielQ

TL; DR: precalculated damage.

9. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

the wording is fine. it's clear and correct in english.

10. GabrielQ

it's obviosly not, becase there are a problem with the subject when the ability description switches over to the description, in this way:
    ability description:
    "Whenever this champion strikes an opponent with a basic attack, that champion becomes Wounded"
    this is correct, but when we see the wounded condition description:
    "This champion {does} 50% additional damage when attacked by champions with Deep Wounds. This stacks up to two times"
    It's either "this champion {takes}..." as shimaru said or "champions with deep wounds do 50% additional damage to this champion. This stacks up to two times"

11. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Deadpool strikes again!

12. mampoa

mampoa New Member

I think it would be 12 damage in your second example and not 10. I've done some (albeit minor) research and it suggests deep wounds is applied before defense and is also rounded down.

13. Gaedel

English is so confusing. Can I get the explanation in Spanish? Please only use words you can find on a menu.

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

what english did you grow up learning? Or am i the only person who actually grew up learning english?

15. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

This champion does 50% additional damage when attacked by champions with Deep Wounds.
    Este campeon hace 50% de daño adicional cuando es atacado por campeones con "Deep Wounds" (Heridas Profundas)

Para mi, como hispano-parlante, así suena o se traduce. Sin embargo, el texto correcto debería decir:

Este campeon recibe 50% de daño adicional cuando es atacado por campeones con (la habilidad) "Heridas Profundas".

16. Gaedel

Ok, the only part of that I understood was "con", as in Chili Con Carne. I don't recall any of the other words as being on the menu at Pedro's Restaurant.

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

So that last post cracks me up.

Good job to everyone explaining it though, i thought it was clear it was a debuff.

18. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

how many pages did you have to go back to revive this thread.....

Leadrz likes this.
  19. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

To be fair, this is the Training Grounds, so there aren't too many pages that are needed to go back.

Leadrz and KingJad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.