De'lim, Apex of the Circle *With a twist*

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Vallassa, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Vallassa

Vallassa The King of Potatoes

With just reading the lore of De'lim I came up with a cool idea. When he gets released, make 2 copy's of him, 1 copy will be him when he is exiled from K'thir for practising forbidden arts, and one when he became the Apex of the Circle. The Exiled De'lim will be a KF/UD split rune and the other will be FF K'thir. Here is what I have came up with:

Name: De'lim, Exile of K'thir
    Faction: KF/UD
    Race: Elf, Elemental
    Class: Wizard
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: De'lim who carries a staff that has swirling flames around it in the background, and a deep elf squadron huddled in a group as flames swirl around them, burning them alive. De'lim has a smile on his face.
    Flavour Text: "Grimlic has only scratched the surface of the power of fire. He will know how much I have suffered." - De'lim, Exile of K'thir
    Nora Cost: 96

Stats:
    Damage: 12
    Speed: 7
    Range: 1-3
    Defence: 2
    Health: 51

Abilities:
    Attack: Fire
    De'lims rage: Targeted champion with less than 20 health is destroyed, all friendly champions with Devotee of De'lim gain +3 damage. If the targeted champion is a demon, all other demons in play take 3 loss of life damage. (AP:2 CD:6) (Cast range: 1-4)
    Amplify: Fire
    Imunity: Fire
    Burn 3
    Split Hero

Upgrades:
    Death Nova: Fire 4
    Fire Aura 3
    Attack: Magical
    Manic

Name: De'lim, Apex of the Circle
    Faction: KF
    Race: Elf
    Class: Wizard
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: De'lim is "transforming" elves into crazed warriors that are on fire (see Perfected Runner). Other elves are watching the process.
    Flavour Text: "With these new found powers, Menalaus, we will have Grimlic crawling to us on his hands and knees, begging for mercy. Mercy of which he will not receive." De'lim, Apex of the Circle
    Nora Cost: 98

Stats:
    Damage: 12
    Speed: 6
    Range: 2-5
    Defence: 3
    Health: 43

Abilities:
    Attack: Fire
    De'lims Resolve: All friendly champions with Devotee to De'lim gain fire bomb 2 and Burn 3 while within 5 spaces of this unit.
    Fire Acolyte
    Fire Aura 3
    Fire Eater
    Blast

Upgrades:
    Searing touch
    +6 HP
    +2 damage
    Attack: Magical

There you have it, I think this idea sounds super cool. Post your comments down below and I'd be happy to answer any questions. :D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Hes rather OP for that Nora cost. If you wish to keep his current set, I would Set his cost around the 110-120 area. The amount of Synergy, Self Sustain, Global Sustain and Offensive capabilities are a bit rediculous. However, if you set his Base HP to say 32-34, and gave him HP 2 upgrade Instead of Trail Lava then I would way, around 90-95 Nora.

Keep in mind this is me Balancing him the Easy way. If you want I can suggest alterations that keep his kit =/- 5 nora or so. Allowing him to be what you want. But I REALLY Like the champ you already proposed, he is just SO Op for that cost. So he either needs to be extremely squishy, or high nora cost. (WITH his current kit.)

3. Vallassa

Vallassa The King of Potatoes

Okay, great information you have provided. I will edit my post to fit your suggestions! :D

4. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Aside from the things stated above, my feedback is thus:

De'lims rage: Targeted champion with less than 20 health is destroyed, all friendly champions with Devotee of De'lim gain +3 damage. If the targeted champion is a demon, all other demons in play take 3 loss of life damage. (AP:2 CD:6) (Cast range: 1-4)

Specifically it's the "Less than 20 health" part, since that can nuke things at a kinda high hp level. Instead, try something like Decap. Blow's mechanic. Also, it should be worded "If the targeted champion was a demon, all other demons in play lose 3 life." Since LoL is not Damage.

Also, if in his KF/UD form he is an Elemental, should he be, ya know, on fire in the appearance?

EDIT: Another thing, should Delim be able to cast Fuel? Or atleast have Spellsurge Fuel? It just makes sense thematically.

5. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Only grief I have with the Exile of K'thir is Manic upgrade on a range 1-3 unit. If I recall correctly, the community has seen issues with Manic on any unit that has anything more than melee range.

Just a thought. I'd quote specific champs, but it has been ages.

6. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

ArchersAxe has a point, Manic on any kind of ranged unit is a tad scary, and a nightmare to code. Maybe something like Cleansing Flame or something with Inhibit?

Also, I just noticed that your Apex of the Circle one doesn't have Hero, Mythical, etc. Might wanna add that.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  7. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

The problem with this, is that there is already a split hero for KF/UD. Ashe the Bandit Prince. The theme hasn't been built upon very much, but it's there.

I would like to see him as a FF Hero for the K'thir Forest, with Opposing Viewpoints with Bliss the Muse.

I like the idea of his presence/influence giving additional abilities to his Devotees. Fire Aura would be a good start, and he could have an AOE version of Fuel (were fuel reworked).

Before De'lim though, KF needs a L'ilim hero (for archers).

Also... Although it would be thematically appropriate... With these runes, KF would have like twice as many heroes as any other faction.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  8. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

He would need opposing Viewpoints with Menalaus too, since they hate each other.

L'ilim isn't needed since there is so much Archer support anyway......just reskin an Archer Commander and title her like they did with Aria/Pyro.

FF doesn't quite suit him since he is an Outcast that has returned, and he believes in a scorched earth policy with the Gnarlwoods.

9. Prami

No. "There is only one elf who can lead my archers in battle, and that is M`alrese. If anyone can make the best of our arrows, it's her. - L`ilim, Elven Archer"

Maybe, but he's clearly voiced a grudge against Bliss, it's much more developed. Menalaus already has Opposing Viewpoints with Grimlic of K'thir, though i could see that being changed to De'lim (since Grimlic of K'thir should be removed anyways).

I would love to see L'ilim. It's been built up for so long... They can't just not make him!

FF fits him fine. He's militantly patriotic, to the extent where he's declared those with even a partial affinity to other factions traitors.
    "They are worse than enemies - They are traitors, and are even less deserving of our mercy than an insect! I don't care what Bliss says!" D'elim, Apex of the Circle
    "Fearing for their safety, the tainted Treefolk have pledged their support to the Valdacian nobility."

10. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Wouldn't M`alrese be the better hero since she leads them into battle?

I agree, K'thir Grimmy is pointless.

I agree he is disturbingly patriotic, but he doesn't follow the K'thir beliefs......maybe if he had Ally or something?

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think this thread proves we need more back-dated lore-based heroes and champs. I would love to see K'thir's mixed political history brought into the spotlight. Who knows this could be the start of a new expansion series in the making. I suggest we all ask the Owls to make it happen.

12. Prami

M`alrese is the Archer Commander...

He declared the centaurs traitors for holding duel loyalty with the Ironfist Stronghold. I really don't see him as being anything but FF KF. He's not the ally of anyone but the K'thir Forest.
    I don't want to see a new expansion before a massive balance patch (or 10). There's too much other work the game needs.
    More lore can come anytime. They can add more stories to the petty page they have (it's under the media tab).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  13. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

"There is only one elf who can lead my archers in battle, and that is M`alrese. If anyone can make the best of our arrows, it's her. - L`ilim, Elven Archer"

L'ilim is the TRAINER, M'alrese is the COMMANDER in battle.

You said you wanted L'ilim, but wouldn't M'alrese make more sense?

There is also a Pox Tip that states clearly they are Trainer and Commander respectively.

14. Prami

M`alrese is already in the game. M`alrese is the Archer commander Pictured in the Archer Commander Portrait. She is commanding the other archers... That's not a picture of L'ilim.

L`ilim is a male.

There is actually little mention of L`ilim in the lore. The only sentence that even mentions him tells of him leading a force in the first offensive on UD's territory (hypothetically, as Geril captive of the Nefari mulls over his fate), so he is more than a trainer.
    "L`ilim would lead another force..."

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014