Demon Lich was FW/UD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TeaScholar, Aug 14, 2016.

1. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

...and still is. But the debate is whether or not he was a split champ before or after the latest expansion.

I tried to comment this on Neth's status about this, realized the text limit, and didn't have to patience to shorten my statement. So here's what I had to say, after sok actually stated "yeh" it was supposedly made split on the latest expansion. But I argue:
    Demon lich was already a split champ before this expansion.
    the only reason I can say so is cuz I was running UD/FW SPECIFICALLY so i could test FW with arrow eater, to get a feel for what the new vothsair would be like in a FW set up. I was running all three voths x2, and thinking about how the new FW voth would be in it, because it WASN'T OUT YET.... and demon lich was in that bg and it was then I realized "oh, I could run him in FF FW? forsure! FW has a champ with spot cleanse!!"

2. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

For some reason, at some point, demonologist become a split rune and demon lich turn to be FF UD. It's good to have both as split.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is no debate because I know I did it for this expansion.

Also, see Poxbase (which hasn't been updated to this expansion):
    upload_2016-8-14_3-6-37.png

Also see the pre-revamp Poxbase archive:

upload_2016-8-14_3-6-20.png

The fact that you were running him in a split FW/UD deck has nothing to do with whether he had was just UD or FW/UD, because you can use runes that are only UD in an FW/UD deck.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It's a case of mistaken identity. Demonologist was the one that got turned into a split rune a while back. He also has swarm: DE Skelly.

5. TeaScholar

I suppose I must have confused him for demonologist, then. Shame

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. TeaScholar

SP/FW witches are a better line up. You could still use kiergana.
    And then there's punishing aura + rock trap
    and lamia + cyclops belt (totally screws melee)

DrakeArron likes this.