Demonvein Vampire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, May 16, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Frightful Blow, multi attack 1, life siphon, leach vitality and 7 speed is too much for a champ that costs 83 nora. Frightful blows alone means its gonna win any 1 on 1. How about life siphon to upgrades instead of frightful blows. I hope this gets fixed in the revamp. With leach vitality and life siphon alone it can win a lot of 1 on 1s, but frightful blows is the flea that breaks the camels back. If it doesn't lose frightful blows it should get unequippable.

2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

People actually take Frightful Blows on Demonvein?

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

lol , i don't even take frightful blows on it....Bloodrage is where its at !

Also i don't see much high rank UD players use him anyway... he is easy to shutdown before he gets started

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I do think that demonvein is over the curve if you take into account the measures needed to take him out without big losses, specially early in the game, I guess time will tell.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Demonvein is amazing against players that allow him to snowball, but against good players, he's shut down pretty quickly.

That said, he is a bit over-efficient, and could probably do with a slight cost increase, but none of that matters since the revamp is coming up and he's probably already been changed from his current version.

6. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

I also feel he's really strong too but, why would someone take Frightful Blows on him? Wouldn't you rather have 3 attacks in one turn? Usually with the first 3 attacks he would be already way ahead with HP. I'm still confused on why he's not more popular, much better than Soulthrister in my opinion... But hey, that's just me. :)

7. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

those stats and abilities... still not meta rune

8. Vorian

Its just with frightful blows he can take on 2 melee champs at the same time, and with demon shield you can't hit him from range.

9. Vorian

With multiattack 1 and 7 speed it doesn't need to accrue ap for a double attack each turn.

10. Vorian

With multiattack 1 and 7 speed it doesn't need to accrue ap for a double attack each turn.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Why are you leaving your champs right next to something like that?

12. Vorian

If its equipped with a demon shield how else am I meant to kill it? I would be happy with unequipable.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Its strong, but not OP. If you want to complain about UD, here's your list: Nefari Priestess, Soulthirster, Hekatian Bloodguard, Maddening Echoes.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Shatter? One-round it before it snowballs? Send in something with Intimidating? Avoid it until you can deal with it? Spot Removal?

Take your pick.

edited because I'm dumb

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  15. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

It's one of the basics of the game to not engage your champions unless you are certain to make a kill. (or you have a particularly tanky or disposable champion)

You especially never want to do that with two or more of your champions and even less against UD. (Echoes)

Demonvein is a very strong noob killer but can be shut down farily easily with a good deck and play.

He will certainly get nerfed in the revamp anyway, along with the other snowballing champions.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Right, I always forget about boon.

17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Don't you think that being in uncommon league is a bit not enough to post such threads?

18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I've been running him in a bleed deck (i know) but it does sometimes feel like he snowballs just a little too fast.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Don't you think you should use your brain before talking now in a while?

20. Vorian

I am in the uncommon league because I got disconnected against some uncommon players. I get disconnected 50% of my games. I can handle a bloodrage demonvein but not a frightful blows demonvein. People are beginning to realist I was right about Tales of Valour, someone said it wouldn't be balanced if it cost 60 nora. I am going to call it Tales of Lol.

21. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don't think anyone is his right mind thinks that Tales is balanced, man.