Depths of Despair

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Paper Skull, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Besides the awful grammar of the flavor text, I'm not sure how this spell is supposed to work.

When cast, it deals 8 damage. When cast again on anything, it deals 2 damage. When any other spell is cast, it still seems to do 2 damage.

Is this just weird design on a bad spell, or is it bugged?

"'Into the depths we go. Where we end up... no one shall no.' -unknown spirit" cmon SOE, really.

2. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Wow that flavor text is awful! Was no one driving this thing?!

I ran some tests and took a look at the code. I did not see it triggering spells that were not "Depths of Despair". That being said, it was only the 2dmg once, making this spell really dull. So I re-designed it a tad. Next time we patch this will go up.

Old Rules
    Target champion takes 8 Magical damage. The next time this spell is played, that champion takes 2 additional Magical damage.

Old Flavor
    "Into the depths we go. Where we end up... no one shall no." -unknown spirit

New Rules
    Target champion takes 8 Magical damage and receives a hidden curse. Each time this spell is cast, that champion takes 2 additional Magical damage.

New Flavor
    I have no need to cut you deep. This wound will never heal, the pain will never end. For you, there is no rest. For you there is no peace. When you finally die, all you will hear is my name. - Curse of the Paper Skull

Shimaru, GabrielQ and Paper Skull like this.
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Gedden I am crying right now you are the best.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@Gedden
    The hidden curse will be a condition? judgement-able? cleansable?