Destiny

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tangmcgame, Aug 27, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Well, you can fully kit yourself out in legendary gear with exotic garnishes just by investing time. It's available for special currency you start accruing just by playing the game, so eventually everyone can be geared up. Lucky people just get to do it faster or have more options sooner than unlucky ones.

PROTIP: Get your Vanguard rep to rank 2 before committing to FWC, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy. Vanguard marks can only be spent at the two Vanguard vendors (your class trainer sells armor, the robot in the hangar sells weapons) and have no other purpose. Everything else takes Crucible marks. So don't bottleneck yourself by cutting off the Vanguard vendor, especially with the weekly cap on mark accrual.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My sons want to play this. How does the community work? Is it MMO with open chat? I fear getting them into an environment with a bunch of angsty Internet nerds who cuss and rage constantly because mommy isn't watching.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

At least in game there isn't any chat that I've seen. Their model seems to be anonymous wordless teamwork.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cool, thanks.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I assume if you're on xbox you can still use Xbox Live Parties to talk.

6. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

The last few days I've gone to play this game has ended very poorly. Either something is wrong with PSN, Destiny Servers, or my ISP. I'm inclined to blame my ISP, but being able to play several other games/netflix on pcs and tv's says otherwise.

However, everything my PS4 does on the network is stupid slow, speed tests at 1.87kbps, where my PC tests at 40-50Mbs, and at this moment of writing, it's testing 81Mbs.

Gonna try moving the PS4 around the place, and maybe hardline for reference. But damnit Destiny, havent been able to play for like, a week.

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

You can't hear those who are on the same server mission as yourself unless you're in xbox live party chat or console equivalent and the same for online competitive matchmaking however Bungie have stated they intend to allow voice-chat over matchmaking in a coming patch, with an ability to mute selected players.

8. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Yeah so the raid is stupid easy now. We just blew through it in about 40 minutes and I was fortunate enough to get some ascended energy and shards for my trouble. Lucky me.

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I was fortunate enough to only get the shader throughout the whole raid for the last 2 weeks.

10. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Got the shader the first time I did it (nothing else). It was cool but i'd rather have the raid armor or a weapon.

KingJad likes this.
  11. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Ive been playing for a week now. I am level 27 and I've fully leveled the warlock class. Not much incentive to play anymore.

12. KingJad

It's a terrible game the only reason I still play this game is because I bought the season pass.

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

This confuses me.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. KingJad

I bought the season pass when I preordered.

Does that clarify?

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Immensely.

Think there's a lesson to be learned in all this.

16. KingJad

Don't preorder

17. SaintKiwi

PSN?

18. KingJad

I play on PS4

19. SaintKiwi

Almost at 32. Ive got all the raid gear/weapons/no life.

20. SaintKiwi

mine is SaintKiwi

Leadrz likes this.