Detect, Shattered Summoned, Ice Amp and Shatter Options.

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I do not think I am right period, I just do know that when setting up a BG options are limited for essential counters in certain themes. You can not be competitive with out detect or shatter and as of late shattered summons. The reason as of late shattered summons is because the new champs, spells and relics create them at a rapid pace. In some cases protected from AOE due to DMZ covers such a big area. As new champs come in with different abilities why cant older champs get tweaked a bit with some lateral changes. Yes I can use orb of frost as a detect, it still causes you to reveal it as a target and expose yourself at times to do it or spend more nora to reveal a stealth champ. Rebound is ok but it is good for 2 turns and the equip is problematic again and it is more of a setup spell. It is very specific of how to optimally use it.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is not true. But guess you are too afflicted by your current match to see it on paper. Guess time will tell you so. You may see by yourself how often you got your Shatter unused, and how often you lose losely by the lack of it.

Also keep in mind Orb of Frostfall relic is not an option, I was talking about the ability, present on several champions, specially on the versatyle Ferren Snowspinner.

DrakeArron likes this.
  3. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

There just haven't been any new ice amp champions in ...wow maybe actual years? The cheap staples, shaman, adept, arcadon, delegate...are all EXTREMELY boring. And most of them don't even do frost damage. I don't even consider yeti spirit anymore, despite him being cheap. I find him to be mostly useless. Don't like Icesnap much either.

Adept is solid, if boring as hell. At least he can use his amp ability with aura. So, he can come along as alt damage. Delegates are solid enough, if extremely boring basic attackers. Shamans I actually hate more and more as I keep trying to use them. Arcadon is okay, but again just another boring basic attacker that shatters sometimes, but is mostly an annoying 2x2 meat shield.

Do we have good, decent amp choices? Absolutely.

Would I like to see a new exciting champ with amp become a frost staple? Yes, yes I would. I'd like to look at frost amp choices when building a deck and have real options to pick from beyond the amp, not just....grant: frost aura or shatter.

DrakeArron likes this.
  4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

TBH I find it hard to disagree with this, if only because UD seems to have plenty of fire amp options. At the same time however, I don't think UD has had any fire amp champs released in while either (could be wrong). Perhaps they just decided they didn't like amp abilities? IDK.

5. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

How much does frost amp cost? Cause I totally wish K'ento had it as a base ability. That new furbull would also be a good candidate

6. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

according to poxbox its 8 nora, but that could have changed since the amareth update. For a more specific answer I think we'll need @Sokolov or @Senshu 's help.

7. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Damn, that'd be too much to staple onto K'ento :(

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

9. Braxzee

I use shatter and pilfer quite a bit as well as detect. Every match Shatter is useful especially against IS, FW, UD and SL. Their equips are game changers from dwarven brews , avarice, clasp, lich bone staff, cursed blade, lasher helms, i mean the list goes on and on and as the game progresses and equips become more available at cheaper nora it becomes essential.

I would put ST on this list as well with L'Usara staff on the right champs. You do not get rid of it that champ is going to change the tide of the game quickly.

Detect has to be in their from all the stacked traps to relics and mobilized assassinate. Snow Spinner is not very useful as a detect unit for traps and relics are not exposed, you have to expose yourself to reveal the target. Using her to change terrain for other benefits is awesome.

10. Braxzee

Oh and on the subject of lets not make all factions the same, well why is ST getting buffer dmg ability on the new ferren. Why not some ST core ability stuff? Buffer is a KF and FS type deal. Even better some unique ability to ST. I do not know how accurate it is, but it feels like we are getting second hand abilities from last expansion. Leech vitality a UD ability came out of left field from somewhere. The lonx got FS provision ability after they all ready got it. These changes are making ST like other factions and not Detect and Shatter or Shatter Summons.

11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It still costs 8 nora.

DrakeArron likes this.