Detection options for frost decks

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by s4ndm4ns, Jun 28, 2014.

1. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

So beasts have plenty of detection, flying has some, yeti have scout... frost has no theme detection.
    Maybe we could get detection on champ who works in frost decks...

I wouldn;t mind if that was champ that has nothing but detetion, arctic and attack frost or some already existing utility champ (looking at Freeze Bug Keeper, Maiden, Starseer)

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

U could always play Strig Warlock with dark favor, but its situational and not true detection!

Sadly you have to pick something without attack: frost for detection, my suggestion is adding a tundra whisperer so you could give it attack: frost or another damage source.

Frostbite is also an option for 3 turn destealthing.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would like to see some changes on Maiden and Shaman.

4. LordOtaku

LordOtaku The King of Potatoes

Use orb of frostfall

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Rework: frost wolf
    Frost cone 3 base, declare hunted removed, path 2 changed to { detection 2, leverage beast, declare hunted}. done.

KingJad and Goyo like this.
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

a) Frost Decks detection.
    b) Beast Deck booster.

c) Lonx Deck utility with Lonx Hunter.

Really nice suggestion :)

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This is a great thread, kudos bud.
    Keep the feedback incoming, I'm sure the devs are watching all of these.

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

It would be nice if we can get this type of efficiency on more and more champions. If they can be viable in more than one theme all the better this game will be for it. Great job!

9. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Dark favor does not knock people out of stealth, nor does it destroy illusions when warlock is deployed.

Don't know why DOG decided to do what they did, but for the most part the strig are useless now.

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Here are some Detection rework ideas:

In another thread I suggested putting Frost Amp on Ice Dragon, but I could see him as a detection candidate too. One or the other; not both.

I would love to say Arcadon, but I think he is very efficient as is so that won't do.

Maybe throw it on Jakei Shaman? If she had that added to base I would probably run both in my frost amp decks.... even if they got a slight cost increase for it

Goyo likes this.
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Why not detection and Amp Frost on upgrades on Ice Dragon?

12. PurpleTop

It could happen, but he would need a significant cost increase which would make me less obliged to run him. It would be great utility to have both, sure, but I think that having him cheaper so that he could do one of those or the other would make me want to run him more..... if that makes sense.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

These suggestions are acctually pretty solid.

Goyo and PurpleTop like this.
  14. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I like the Ice Dragon idea if he could have cone3, detection and amp, he could take -10hp nerf to keep his nora cost reasonable

Goyo likes this.
  15. PurpleTop

I like this idea too. It would at least get him to see some play