Devs, Hit the Easy Button on Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by egami, Apr 30, 2014.

1. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

As a longtime player who took a nap for a while, I have a bit of perspective on how ludicrous it is to complain about losing your investment in this game. I've watched Lich Kings I had go from uber valuable to practically worthless to useful and valuable to ridiculously craftable. I got boned on the whole Thorn Collection "It will always be unique" debacle when I gave away one of my two polymorphs to a new KF player followed by me scrambling to buy one when you changed your mind followed by you then killing the market by greatly increasing their availability. Yeah, that cost me a small fortune due to volatility.

In short, investing in poxnora is a fool's game for most casual players and always has been. The guys who wrote "Lost" had better story and strategy continuity than you do when it comes to runes. Personally, all I want to do is play the game without spending ridiculous money; money which, in many cases, isn't helping to keep this game afloat. So, given that your user agreement reads like a "Your rights during your stay at Guantanamo" set of almost no protections for players, please find a way to increase the ability for players, new and old, to play factions easily and migrate easily when they choose.

If you can't think of anything better that helps create both legendary availability and a stable revenue stream for you, here's a thought. Take every single legendary and limited rune and make sure there is an exotic version that does the exact same thing. Bam. Done. Pat yourself on the back and grab a beer. If you want to exclude the most reason expansion, fine, but clear the decks on anything older.

If there is any player who finds fault with this idea killing the value of your legendary runes, see the first two paragraphs of this thread for historical precedence and realize legendary and limiteds are making the game too expensive as is with very questionable benefit to developers at this point. The value of your runes when the server goes dark is zero and the legendary issue is definitely making it harder rather than easier to attract and maintain player loyalty and enjoyment.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

but muh cthariabingers

3. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Thats why hes a doctor

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

guys hlp

5. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

I didn't know DMrBadGuy was a doctor. I thought the D was like Billy Dee Williams; it just adds some awesomeness. Which he needs since everyone still wants to be Han Solo.

6. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

It's actually DrMrBadguy PhD