Didn't you want to remove Arctics ready and the IS font/KF bonus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarth, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just curious if this is still on the table but I swear I recall a post about arctic losing its absurd ready clause and IS losing its font bonus along with looking at KFs faction bonus... or am I just making this up? Something about draw wins and slowing down the game/anti power creep?

st3ck, chickenpox2, Rokkushun and 7 others like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, apparently instead of discussing/doing that, some people prefer giving random buffs to runes/themes, while also not nerfing things properly.
    Go figure.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Is that directed at me? I am intending to suggest removing ready but I did think I discussed it with st players.

it will take awhile before it happens though, even if it does happen, it's a massive change to st's early game, champs have been balanced around the fact that ready exists it might honestly take months to get right if at all.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Pedeguerra

No, not directed at you calisk.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Funny that you'd think that though.

Dagda, Rokkushun, Flyingfinn and 3 others like this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I've been wanting these changes to happen for years, especially the KF bonus. With that said, I can't recall a post by DOG saying they were looking into it. I remember some former devs saying they'd consider changing some of these aspect, though.

7. calisk

don't see many other people trying to change their speed racial, so assumed it had to be me

8. Pedeguerra

I think you misunderstood my post entirely there, cal.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

kiss and make up you two

Ballballer likes this.
  10. calisk

Yep
    I did

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

For good reason.

And they were never changed because apparently draw advantages are okay.

12. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

I'm curious about this. What were the proposed changes to IS's ready font bonus? If any, that is.

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

You know that the problem with fixing FF bonus is that if you "fix" one faction others will rage about other factions not getting nerfed
    IMO the problems us factions like UD and FW heavily relies on faction bonus to win (already more than others)
    In terms of ranking of reliance it goes like this top being least reliant and bottom most reliant (correct me if you disagree)
    IS
    ST
    SP
    FS
    SL
    KF
    FW
    UD

14. calisk

well st doesn't rely on the FF bonus but the ready bonus is pretty close to our entire early game.

that said, it shouldn't be.

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Make Arctic only give ready on ice, not snow. Problem solved.

IS is a whole seperate can of worms

16. Pedeguerra

Agreed. Or remove Ready from Arctic, I really think its healthy for the game.
    However, it will be fun when the other factions start having their 8 spaces of movement on 1st turn nerfed as well. Wonder who will whine the most around these parts.
    But that remains to be seen.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would argue that few FW BGs rely on the faction bonus to win, since they already have other champs available that have been revealed when the first ones come off cooldown. In theory an FW player could get away with running 10-12 champs instead of 16 due to the bonus cycling their champs. However this isn't the case since the risk of not having a champ first turn. If there was some sort of bonus draw to give a BG with 12 runes the same % chance of a first turn champ as a 16 rune BG normally has, I think you'd find a lot more FW players using 12 champs and relying on the faction bonus.

I think the nora bonuses are a lot more relied on than you consider. I don't know that all SP decks rely on the bonus, so I don't put it quite as high as the FS bonus.

My ranking of reliance on faction bonus with top being least reliant and bottom most reliant
    FW
    IS
    ST
    SP
    SL
    UD
    FS
    KF

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I thought someone brought something up long ago about a rank of tough for IS font bonus, maybe two. Something like that.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I feel like that is too similar to the SL bonus. Maybe the current IS bonus could be changed to be affected by relics and equipments as well as spells

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think it was two inside and 1 outside....if you catch my drift lol. But yeah SP's is like dat 2...but better so tweaks and I'd be fine with that. inb4 "but my 5 speed fatties!!!"