Discuss the Latest Patch

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

As far as the actual changes, I don't have any quibbles with the Gift of Ironwood or Overgrowth nerfs.

Glad that Sacrifice of Delim is working again. I leave discussion of the other changes to those they actually impact.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I made a list of abilities KF lost access to in the revamp...

1) Metamorphosis
    2) Haste
    3) Psychic Ping
    4) Sever Summons
    5) Solidify
    6) Grant: Flight (formerly Levitate)
    7) Scramble (Now Vigorous Cry)
    8) Bastion of Mobility
    9) Gift of Fertility
    10) Coordination
    11) Sunder

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    super71 likes this.
  3. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

Most of those are pretty heavy losses.
    I am especially confused about loss of psychic ping on druid.
    Sever summons, seem like it should be on at least 1 in every faction, but I'm most sad about ping, haste, metamophosis, and bastion (though i never used it)

4. Tejaila

Tejaila The King of Potatoes

I miss Metamorphosis on my beloved Fairy Trickster. It was such a nice way to deal with super champs. But I suppose those are not as prevalent as pre-revamp...

@Pathfinder: I agree about sever summons - Each factions should have access to it (like detection/shatter, maybe not as much choice - but access)

Also: The loss of "Bastion of Mobility" on Woodland Jester ;-(

5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Do we have any sunder champs still?

6. Xirone

I believe that is a no. I'll add it to the list (unless someone can point out which one has it).

7. Xirone

I kind of dig the Epochal Sage change now. For 83 NORA you can deploy the Epochal Sage, do 3 DMG to all opposing champions, heal all your friendlies for 2 HP and then heal all your friendlies again for 8 HP. She doesn't do much while she is waiting for Time Slip to be ready but her range is good enough to snipe some champs from time to time. For me, Epochal Sage is now a worthy contender for a Divine Favor champ (which KF has so many on now).

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why did vashal vicar lose nora vitality and get a damage reduction and nora increase for 8 damage 38 hp until he ascends? Also anyone else sick of them throwing around nature's blessing on every chanp in k'thir? Out of thousands of abilities in pox we now have like 6 champs with this ability. Also i am not even someone interested in running vashal druid now increased nora for less damage and another champ with nature's blessing noty.

9. super71

Also jester lost teleport which is good but got leap 2-3 and an increase and nora lol why? He can still get like two shotted even with today's game.

10. Xirone

I really don't know. I don't think anyone was complaining about that rune and I don't think anyone was losing to that rune.
    Yeah, in almost every scenario, good ole' Cleanse is better (it has a lower cooldown and heals 5 HP). If you take the max rank of Nature's Blessing the DEF boost can be nice but, in general, Cleanse is superior. That ability could use a looking at.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i think they should buff elite blade there hardly any runes worth using on they should make change from 90 to 85+

12. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Angel of restoration seems to be viable now with with the 10 Nora decrease . Although it would be perfect if they would just give her cleanse instead of natures blessing .

On a more general note I think her and the new korona are on the right track to what all 150ks , Angels , and doomies should be like.

13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Nope no sunder, we have soften, magic bomb, magic nova though.. could any of those cover what you need?

Xirone likes this.
  14. super71

I think nature's blessing is a really unique and cool ability but it really needs to come off of willowind as it is kinda silly as tree theme already has a better support rune with the ability. Angel of restoration will always be a beast.

15. super71

Yeah the vicar thing is kind of a head scratcher he basically has to sit back and heal the whole game until he ascends then he can tap and run that's about it.

16. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

It's nice but the CD time is a ***** id rather have cleanse with a lower CD and lower Nora cost

17. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

The cost and ranks of Nature's Blessing lead me to take the lowest rank to keep the units efficient, but the lowest rank is just Cleanse with a longer cooldown. The unique part (the Defense bonus) doesn't exist at the base level.

Perhaps it should just be an unranked ability (equal to rank 3 with the cost of rank 2).

Or maybe the Defense should stay constant and the Healing change more significantly between ranks.

Otherwise the unique part that was being promoted is lost on any unit that can't afford the additional expense.

18. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

natures blessing is only +1 nora from cleanse btw.

19. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

Have only played a handful of times in ranked since revamp, but my KF Beast/Vashal deck that I was having some nice success with just got hammered hard with the changes to Druid and Vicar. Bummer.

20. Xirone

Rank 1 of Nature's Blessing is +1 NORA from Cleanse. It heals +2 HP more than Cleanse. Nature's Blessing also has a +3 round cooldown and costs +1 AP. In short, you can use Cleanse more often and for less AP than Nature's Blessing 1 while spending less NORA on it (at the cost of 2 HP). I am not sure why someone would choose Nature's Blessing 1 over Cleanse, given a choice between the two.