Discussion: Coalitions Midterm Release Day June 25th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We have been trying out various ways of selling mid-terms.

The last one, of course, wasn't $10 for a random rune out of 8. So I am not sure what you mean by "again."

But it was 895 credits for 1 rune out of 4 (either Protectorate or Wrath, your choice), along with a pack of 10 cards.

This time we have come up with a fairly creative scheme, and you will find out what it is soon. Maybe you will like it, or maybe you won't, but I can say it is not $10 for 1 random rune out of 8.

~

Pricing and selling stuff is always a tricky thing. In general, players will always ask for price reductions - this makes sense, since they are the one buying the stuff. It doesn't mean it isn't legitimate or not, but it also tends to be the case where price reductions become the norm, and then further price reductions are requested. In reality, pricing decisions both complex and arbitrary. You start somewhere, an educated guess, and then adjust from there based on the data you get.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

It's not really about the packs being cheaper, to me it's about getting a fair value for the money I'm paying. 1 rune and a pack of runes that were released a month ago that a more than likely already have considering I'm actively spending money on the game. I talked to Moles a little about this a few months ago after that first midterm release since steam relaunch. People are much more willing to spend money when they feel as though it's a favorable trade off. I spent $50-80 on the midterm prior to the last and about $150 on ronin boxes. I didn't buy coalitions because I didn't like what I had seen of it. Outside of a rune or two I borrowed/traded for.

Moles likes this.
  3. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I think you might like this midterm then ;)

4. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

so when it will be up?

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

is it 4 hours downtime as usu or will it be more cause of patches ?

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

usually you can trade 1 for 1 on the day of release.

I don't think of it as random.

7. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I will be shelling out yet more money to DoG. Curse you for making new runes to collect!

The last set of legs was OK. This set has potential. I feel like KF got short end on Coalitions, and every good Ronin rune got neefed hard. so I am hoping they make up for it with a good leg.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Flageum was untouched even though it was the most OP of them all. hooray for SL

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I hope this patch continues to make positive changes to the game.

10. chickenpox2

i hope you don't make dumb nerf threads about it

themacca likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

mate... can we not sidetrack this post

12. chickenpox2

i know macs but couldn't help it

13. Dumpraiser

Dumpraiser The King of Potatoes

New bag of weed and pox expansion. kids is going to bed early today.

Anima26 and Moles like this.
  14. KingJad

That has nothing to do with DOG and everything to do with players. Not to mention if I wait a week im SOL

15. calisk

yep if I wait a week....I trade for it off pox box.

usually by buying a mid term and doing a near 1 for 1 with pox box.

16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

A man that speaks my language.

17. KingJad

I'm going to assume you never used poxbox now.

18. calisk

I do, but I have a ton of weekend credit.

I usually just win the tournies and trade the prizes for what i want, save that I turn in rune forged runes like kento's for stuff.

I never trade anything I don't have 2+ of, the last 3 mid terms I never bought, I traded purely off box, in fact save coalitions( bought 1 box ) I hadn't bought rune from pox for nearly 2 years. this mid term will be my first in awhile and I still have a 2x st set and nearly a full sp set.

19. tulip

tulip Member

I am really upset.

i keep in touch with the game each week, i do have work and family and all. I pay attnetion to forum ...
    and i have miss the expansion released.

it's so wise to advertise the monday to deliver the release 3 day after.
    But the least is to say it was a bad work, to release that way, a real bad one.

you have spoil all the release for me, now i have miss the excitement and the fun of the release day. Thx a lot for that non sense.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You get an email on the expansion day and there's announcements on the forums, what more do you want?

A banner outside your house?