Discussion: Coalitions Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 11, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I know, its an incredible ability, too bad I cant earn money out of it.
    But yeah, Im assuming you guys wouldnt make such a stupid move as to make Kartch too cheap, or any of the heroes for that matter.
    Again, though, surprise me and I will stop.
    In fact, I will do this - when I have the time, I will take a closer at the expansion/changes. If you guys surprise me in a good way, I will shut up about being negative and - quote me forever on this one - never bash Pox again, and Im a man of my word. I will speak honestly towards it.
    However, if you guys manage to keep me sad with this expansion, as I am now, the bashing will duplicate.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The description of Unleash Memories is ambiguous: 40 max nora or 40 max charges or 80 max nora? Same thing for Eradicate.

That's an enormous kick in the teeth or Eradicate, much more painful than any of the other changes to Anthro -- minus 33% damage output at no cost change (pardon, +2 from Harvest Organs) is huge.

Does Magnetic Pulse affect all friendly champions, or just those within range?

Oh my god good lord +10 nora to heroes, that's a lot.

To what extent can we assume champions are receiving some other recost than just what would result from the formula? Wavecrusher looks like he went from unplayable to ... I don't even know.

Worms look to have collapsed as a theme. Using a single ranged Necrosis champ to pick up basic attack kills for the expansion and then running a standard FW shell outside of that seems just as good as anything else. Something like Mindthief Creeper now has no play value, as he actually can't gain a basic attack.

Duration on Plague looks like a good idea.

Oh, look, a Bile Zombie nerf. Well, now we'll just have to rely on Shrine Exertion for worm bombs but oh wait I forgot that ability got nerfed along with Usain Bolt. Requires other Undead for drop-and-pop, and now that worms aren't undead, farewell. (Edit: Yeah, you can use Initiative instead, in which case he takes a sandbag on 2, a nora hike, dependence upon a certain number of enemy champs and Bloodfiends out, and cuts his damage in half. You're paying the same price for half the damage with less consistency, or more nora for the same damage with no consistency at all.)

Hey, at least Bloodworm got that +1 DMG. Take back everything I said about worms being unplayable.

Xulos might be playable now.

Serkan looks freakin' sick now though. Doesn't even need the equip. Seeing Draining Aura and Surge: Lich on any champion still sucks, but eh, raw power is raw power.

Gonna have to see how those stats play out on Martyr, but probably a good change.

Hope the new runes are good, looks like an alright set of patch notes.

Edit: Oh, right, and no more Bloodfiend deployment attacks. Wow.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    claydude5 and Netherzen like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

YOU RUNED MY RUINS!!!

mw24, Engleberry, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

juya's equipment is dead compared to the old power level when it was equipped to her. i am happy.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Zoalt OP, nerf pls

Qucas, soulmilk and JellyBerry like this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Seamstress, etc. fixed.

Qucas and Iskandak like this.
  7. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Love you Sok :D

8. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

how much norans is death toll i gotta know sock

9. Jason

Jason Guest

I'm laughing at this, too.

10. Jason

Jason Guest

Deep Elf Summoner is very far from "dirt cheap"

In fact I don't even run her because we have supper champions - such as Deep Elf Priestess and Imp Alchemist - that are actually affordable in such a way that we can also have nora leftover to play the champions that they're supposed to support.

Also, 1-2 range is laughable. Since when is that impressive? Have you seen . . . any other faction, ever?

11. kiblack

kiblack Member

no no no you do not
    demon shield is fine - its been the same since release very simple just deal with it with melee
    deep elf summoner is fine - she has been the same for a long time and UD needs an invigorate champ
    compared to other runes in the game they are absolutely fine, each faction has strong and weak runes.

12. kiblack

kiblack Member

seconded

EDIT ; that said, nefari guardian doesnt need a 2+ defence boost.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well played Pox, well played.

14. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

1-2 range was removed from 1x1's in nearly every faction but UD when the revamp hit. She is 74 nora, only idiots rune summon 2. She does a ton of damage, and isn't only a support rune.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Clearly you do. Clearly.

16. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

guardian lost defence upgrade,so he actualy has -1 def
    hes still *******

17. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Really sad that sarinda was (indirectly) nerfed because of anthromancer.

Hoping her nora has been affected, at least.

Skeezick likes this.
  18. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

to believe or not to believe? that is the question.

19. Jason

Jason Guest

I've been playing since the game was released in 2005. You're crying buckets about an Underdepths rune that pales in comparison to the rest of the faction.

"Lol" at the child who loses to Deep Elf Summoner.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I still think this was a great set of notes -- cleaning up a lot of the game, fiddling with the formula, changing maps, lots of balance tweaks -- but damn if those worms changes aren't a mess. I'd bet on another round of changes in the next patch.

And if that video I posted has anything to do with that Bile Zombie nerf, Imma be mad.

voodoov, Gnomes, Pattn199 and 3 others like this.