Discussion: Final Patch of 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Tremble mortals, for I shall post constructively again.
    Starting with non champ runes.
    Go:

DarkJello likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Glad to hear it. We seek enlightenment from a gamer dude far to the south.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Spoiler alert: It is a lump of coal.

5. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

Those packs with guaranteed Legendaries are quite a gift! Thanks for that :)

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Spells
    Bog Trap
    • Nora Cost decrease (-5)
    • Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Good, still shoeboxed though.

Huntmaster's Charm
    • Cooldown decrease (-1)
    I'm against buffing spells that summon champs. It's the last thing need atm.

Drown

• Nora Cost increase (+5)
    • Cooldown increase (+1)
    I think you might have killed Drown, there are only a handful of champs that would be worth drowning now that it costs 80 nora. Might be a x1 include tops on desperate scenarios, but people will be better off without it. Shame.

Evolve

• Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Humm, non permanent effects are always on the iffy side of things, but might see play on some specific bgs.

Blessing of the River

• Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Same as above.

Font Eruption

• Cooldown increase (+1)
    Terrible move. FS already struggles on the AoE department, this was a kick in the nuts for the spell. Wasnt needed, because it was on par with other factions AoE. Also, preventing FE from hitting a lot of champs is good play - I absolutely hate this nerf.

Tendrils of the Deep

• Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Good, I always like this spell, might be runnable now.

Reckless Command

• Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Still boxed, I think, unless you are playing full jellebriums or something weird like that.

Forced Evolution

• Description: Target champion is fully healed and gains Aquatic permanently.
    Still too expensive and I cant tell what changed.

Relics

Nora Pearls
    • Nora Modifier decrease (-5)
    Good, this spell seal relics are awesome.

Tortun Land Cannon

• HP increase (+5)
    • Defense increase (+1)
    So a relic with 30HP and 3DEF? Damn, bad idea. But at 50 nora its still shoeboxed.

Draining Azurite
    [Forglar Swamp, Ironfist Stronghold]
    Still bad I think.

Snaptooth Crypt

• HP decrease (-5)
    • Starting Abilities: Snaptooth Crypt
    I dont think reducing the HP will do much because this thing is often near the ranged units, which are attacking you with Multi 3 from 5 spaces away. Problem wasnt the relic, problem is Murkwater Frenzy.

Equipment

Firk Mask
    Good, it was kinda too cheap for what it does.

super71 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, basically perma multi 3 is insane, esepcially with essence capture.

Snapteeth are one of those themes that has OP runes and mechanics, but is just very undeveloped.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, FS really got hosed with the last two rounds of spell nerfs. We no longer have any good aoe spells, particularly in comparison to other factions, and most of our single target removal spells (PHS and drown) are borderline playable if that. It feels like a big kick in the unmentionables.

We basically have a 50 nora aoe which people was mostly run to punish people for bad positioning mistakes and something that does 8 physical damage and creates rough terrain. That is really going to make your opponent's care about bunching their dudes.

So what is FS's signature supposed to be now with spells? Bad AOEs? No spot cleanse? Bad single target spells? Defensive spells that are strictly worse than those provided by other factions? Poor or very conditional and expensive healing?

Like I may have a narrow perspective here, but it feels like the FS nerfs are much more effective at hitting at the crux of what makes the FS spell set unique and distinguished. They also seem particularly targetted at FS too, now that I have taken a look at some of the other options available. The other factions got minimal or nerfs nerfs in comparison to the steel bat that was taken to our runes.

With the buff to nora pearls was the intent to set up FS as a spell-less faction? I mean what is the basis behind all of this?

The Firk Mask and Extispicer nerfs were super fair though. The semi-aquatic changes are too complicated for me to parse now. They were too much before. They may be just right or not enough.

I guess my main questions are:
    1) Is FS doing so much better or is so much stronger that it was deserved to get greater nerfs than any other faction got?
    2) If not than why did it get them?
    3) If so what data did you use as the basis for doing this?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Statue got -5 nora, other stuff happened.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Spells
    Haunt

• Cooldown increase (+1)
    Still think 30 nora is too cheap for this thing, this nerf wont do much.

Grim Harvest

• Cooldown decrease (-1)
    Humm this is a pretty cool spell, but too situational. Wont hurt at 30.

Relics
    Corpse-a-Pult

• Nora Modifier increase (+5)
    • HP decrease (-5)
    • Defense decrease (-1)
    Good, still better than TLC though.

Statue of Xulos
    Who the firk put Preordained on this thing? Jeez. The price is good but having preordained isnt.

Mystic Atelier
    • Nora Modifier increase (+10)
    Wow, +10 nora really? Don't know, seems too situational, dont know if it was needed.

Tombdrop Marker
    • HP increase (+1)
    • Defense decrease (-1)
    Couldnt find this on rune checklist.

Bone Mine
    This is a really cool relic for skellies, definetely will see play.

Equipment
    Wraith's Tear

I think it's too cheap for what it does, specially the Weaken Spells aspect, hence OP.

Bone Circle Staff
    About time.

This patch for FW looks like player (zealot) made, sorry but thats my impression. I say this because the nerfs look like taps on the wrists and the buffs are really situational, like they were made for a particular bg to excel.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  11. Pedeguerra

Gotta get off work, will continue with the rest of the factions later on.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Both Haunt and Overgrowth were rarely run at 30. They were buffed to 25 a bit ago, but that proved too much. They are back at 30 now. I think they are probably fine there

13. Sokolov

I don't think a rune that can copy other runes should be less than 30, to be honest. I could be wrong though.

14. Sokolov

Generally considered pretty bad atm. We'll see if it's enough.

15. Sokolov

Honestly rarely gets used. It's too situational. I mean, you are mostly going to get Resistance - Magical 3 out of it. Weaken Spells would only occur if you are playing Worms or Witches probably, and even when you are paying 20 nora for abilities that cost far less.

16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Omg these reskins are beautiful. Thank you DOG and happy holidays!

Anima26 and DarkJello like this.
  17. Sokolov

So if you were making this patch... you would have done different stuff.. and therefore it wouldn't be player made? I am not sure I follow the logic here.

Anyway, the last couple of patches have done a lot of changes to the costs of non-champion runes. This is just continuing that. Generally speaking, you should see runes that are being utilized frequently being nerfed or adjusted, while runes that no one has run for ages are being buffed. The goal is to encourage more diversity in deck building by making more choices viable, relatively speaking.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Mystic Atelier
    • Nora Modifier increase (+10)

Hahahaha

19. Sokolov

I don't think it really got greater nerfs than other factions, at least that wasn't the intention anyway.

I utilize a combination of usage data and player feedback to make decisions, but generally, as I am making passes on non-champion runes, expect that runes that are considered autoincludes get nerfed, and runes that are never or rarely used gets buffs.

I guess perhaps we disagree on the playability of the FS spell set. But perhaps I can do some analysis on comparing their effectiveness to similar spells in other factions.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Drown is often run 1x and in many cases 2x. Water has gotten cheaper and cheaper to generate (and recently Water Front went down to 4 nora).

Drown also counters high cost champs, which limits the playability of many of these champions. 80 nora to kill something isn't all that different than 75, when you get positional and board advantage as well.

I think you are overstating this nerf, espeically since other +5 nora is "tap on the wrist" according to you.

Sirius and voodoov like this.