Discussion: Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS changes look ...

Well they are changes, lets look whether or not Quag is playable now

3. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Awesome patch

4. HandOfTheKing

HandOfTheKing Devotee of the Blood Owl

Plant hive -8 nora, that is pretty neat tbh

SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

At a quick glance, my sole conclusion is that people are taking acid while during the "balance patches". FFS.

Sunutsu and Baskitkase like this.
  6. Boozha

So few changes for FS, which got no changes last patch ... I am sad now, Senshu, sad ._.

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, Creepers and Fesh were just merged into Arthropod/Worms and FS mashed some of their champs in as well. It's kind of a mess, but now I have something to focus on between now and the next patch. Can of worms indeed. . .

DarkJello and 19madfox95 like this.
  8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Purefire got buffed so it costs less nora and gives vulnerability fire, give me a sec to try and contain my laughter.

Sirius, Baskitkase and Pedeguerra like this.
  9. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

No hit to Haunting Grip, Ghost, Crystal Dragon, or heroes. That's a bit disappointing.

EDIT: But very happy to see the much needed nerfs to treefolk, as well as the bug fix to Ritual of Destruction.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I feel like someone looked at the changes I suggested and totally ignored the parts that counterbalanced the nora increases. :mad:

RedScarlet, Sealer0 and Entrepidus like this.
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It no longer cleanses which was its primary use.

Joker, Lauremoon, Etherielin and 4 others like this.
  12. Boozha

No buffs for Hydraxor or anything else which needed buffs

FS got fewer changes than most other factions despite having been abandoned last patch

;_;

jeeperz2 likes this.
  13. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Steps in the right direction. A lot of things I had issues with were addressed though the main thing I'm waiting on is to see what happens to Draksars. But for now at least I can try out some Worm themed splits.

I wouldn't be too discouraged about FS. Most Broodcall Drags aren't that great and you guys got access to a new theme, albeit your splitting it with several factions and probably wouldn't be able to run it FF. Though I'll agree that going all of the previous patch with no changes does suck. You have my condolences.

14. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Creeps still will be shoebox.

I like the late for battle change. That's about it. Womp.

15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Rover: Judgement?
    Why does this even exist?
    Judgement is bleh as it is, and the Rover version is even harder to use.

Nohkan Do wasn't really addressed. They REALLY had to do nothing in order to get 4+ dodges anyway.

Why is Charger Knight suddenly a barbarian, and why doesn't he have Beast like all the rest of the mounted units?

Arthromancer might be useful finally.
    What changed with Purge?

Looking at Scorched Dwarf changes... Is the Nora Modifier increase a manual increase, with increase due to abilities not shown? Because otherwise it would have somehow GAINED 25 cost with the addition of lumbering?
    Purefire change is sad; no more spot cleanse. Still amazing for fire BGs though.

Ice Wurm should be a Dragon. It's name is Wurm, not Worm.
    What changed on Cleansing Storm?

Is the Nora Drain change a 2v2 thing? Because I fail to see a difference in its use in 1v1 matches.

So Klub got an HP increase... but is still "undercosted" right?
    Is the double shallaxy change a mistake, or did one version actually have less range before? o_O

16. Boozha

Wurm is German, Swedish and other stuff for Worm.

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Really, you sure about that because the rune description says otherwise. Perhaps it's badly worded but I swear it said dispel before the change and it still removed negative conditions. Besides most times I saw it used was to remove postive conditions on opponents.

18. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wondering when FW will get a 7 spd hero. Was hoping Serkan would get surge:Lich in one of his upgrade paths, but oh well. Looks like FW/SP worm/fesh bgs are the new meta.

19. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

The description of Purge simply took out parenthetical descriptions of what cleansed and defiled do.

Original: "Area Effect 3: All champions in the affected area are Cleansed (All negative conditions are removed) and Dispelled (All positive conditions are removed)."
    New: "Description: Area Effect 3: All champions in the affected area are Cleansed and Dispelled."

Also, I have trouble seeing a point to having Rover abilities as opposed to just giving their normal counterparts. Cheaper nora cost but more situational I suppose.

20. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It said Cleanse AND Dispel before the change.
    And it would heal Eaters while cleansing them.

Wait, is Rover: Judgement the ONLY Rover ability that exists? PoxBase can't find any.