Discussion: Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am generally not a fan of manual cost adjustments, especially significantly large ones like +16 nora, when the game is supposed to balanced around the formula. With that said, Gnarlwood Launcher should be fine still, Patriarch remains to be seen, Gnarlwood Grappler looks terrible (replace him with Deadwood Strider now?), and Gnarlwood Willowind needed a redesign, not two nerfs. The changes to Outcast of the Flame and Flamemage are good, however.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Charger Knight was supposed to become a Barb last patch but it didn't go thru despite being in the patch notes so this patch was just redoing last patch. The reasoning is that all Humans in IS are changing to Barbs because Gedden never intended Humans to be very prevalent in the game. There is a part in the last Q&A that explains it better.
    I am not certain about the Beast part but I would be very worried about handing a unit like Charger Knight to the beast theme before Boost gets addressed.

Tarathil likes this.
  3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Old: "Target champion is Cleansed, Dispelled and takes 6 Fire damage. For each champion with Ichor within 6 spaces of the target, including the target, the targeted champion takes an additional 2 damage."

New: "Description: Target champion is Dispelled and gains Vulnerability: Fire for 6 turns."

Admittedly, I use it equally to dispell and cleanse. However, cleanse will be missed greatly though I do expect Purefire's new offensive capabilities will be nerfcried.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

• Awkward as **** range
    • Worms, worms everywhere

BroWatchThis and Markoth like this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Purge now won't cleanse shrines/relics according to the new description. I had been using it to cleanse invulnerability from shrines when campaigns wouldn't spawn the boss.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Not a fan of the numberwise changes for FS either ... -10 to shaman, why and whatever? Wat

7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The scorched dwarf change was pretty epic. If i had been drinking something as i read it, it would be all over my keyboard. +25 nora baby oh baby. On a side note i really want to try a necrosis deck, and jakei shaman makes crystals happy now.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nice job guys. No, really, balance is finally here.

newsbuff, Joker, Ballballer and 10 others like this.
  9. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

i wanna try creeps now haha

10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

They originally removed all Rover abilities. . . guess they changed their minds?

(I don't support this at all)

Check my thread in FW's section. Could use some bodies for testing them out :p

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

As opposed to what, the old text? All they did was remove the bolded part.

Area Effect 3: All champions in the affected area are Cleansed (All negative conditions are removed) and Dispelled (All positive conditions are removed).

12. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

Aria back to a simple re-skin. It felt wrong to have her behave as a 4th hero, that's for sure.

13. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think that the runes that are the same (exo and limit or limit and leg)
    suppose to be the same,
    oops Shallaxy the Courier it's not
    and they didn't say they going to fix sp?
    does there is other exo with 7 spd 16 dmg 54 hp warcry that cost 75 nora or even less because of the fanction bonus?

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

So wait, what even HAS Rover: Judgement?

15. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yeah, I'd suggested he lose Lethargic and Fire Vuln which would have given him +14 (74 nora). Somehow he kept both went up 18 nora.
    Stat changes to Launcher would have been counterbalanced by removing Vuln Fire. He lost stats, kept it, and went up.
    Grappler was supposed to look like that at his previous cost.
    Willowind didn't need a nerf at all. She was iffy as things were.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    Entrepidus and Xirone like this.
  16. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lumbering is a -25 modifier.

It cleansed before.

17. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Nothing atm. I'm hoping this isn't part of some plan to bring back the Rover skillset...

18. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

From what I've read Gore your always very insightful and seem to understand the tree theme better than anyone.

But the issue is that because people kept complaining about the 'slap' on the wrist they assumed bigger, better and more prevalent changes that were nerfs with really no balancing is what was needed.

For that, i'd blame the 'trees need to burn' mob that formed with pitchforks.

As for the patch notes, I see a lot of complaining about things that need to be done but no one noticing things that needed changed and were.

Creeps weren't a theme at all, a LOT of things got addressed such as Land Cannon, Aggregate (which could even be part of the *summoned* ability imo), paladins, etc.

It seems to me that if we don't point out the good with the bad that it just makes us sound whiny, entitled and ungrateful.

Just my opinion though.

DarkJello and Tarathil like this.
  19. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I think its generally a good thing to have automated patch notes, but they are a little confusing with how they currently read, it'd be so much less confusing if you included their new total nora cost with default abilities somewhere on there.

For example with Scorched Dwarf people will see +25 think he's useless and not realise that Lumbering is counteracting that.

Etherielin, Goyo, hfok and 2 others like this.
  20. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Actually, they were a theme, but the revamp ruined it. It may not have been popular, but a few simple changes would have fixed that rather than the weird Arthropod/Fesh/Worm mosh pit we just gained. I'll be playing Worms exclusively until the next patch so to develop a more informed opinion, but I don't agree with the changes at first glance.

21. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

SKEEZICK ARTHROMANCER TO 6 SPEED. Oh, the dream! Only 7 damage, but who cares.

Other than that, I thought that Purefire would be good just with the text update and I don't really like how some champions got race Worm just because they're called "Wurm" (or was it more than just that?).
    The change to NKD doesn't solve much, I believe a limit of 2 triggers per turn would have been appropriate.
    I do not comprehend what Channel: Damage is doing on the 0 damage unequippable Aspect of Chaos. Yes, there ARE some awfully convoluted ways to give him an attack, but...
    Also, Aggregate might be a cool way to tone down those spells somewhat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm very sad I don't own a Shallaxy :(.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014