Discussion: Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I agree, default cost should be posted.

But Scorched Dwarf in particular was completely obvious.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So, let's do this:

General:

1) Race fesh changed into Worm changed a plethora of things, and the dreaded FW/SP split with insta gib mechanics will be back with further OPness (for those of you who are unfamiliar with, this split ruled Pox meta for nearly 6 months, I think). I dont know balance implications of the whole damn thing, but it seems to me some of the feshes were not designed to be deployed within Swallow Hole range of anything. We will see, but this probably was a good change - I think.

2) Nora decreases for fat champions didnt do anything, it seems. Arctic Turtle is still 61 nora, and Klub can still be deployed at 71 nora (without the discount). I advise you addresse these ona case to case analysis.

3) Enforcement Action is obivously designed by someone with problems in the game as whole. It's basically a global Coordination without needing to be in an area of effect, with +2 DMG instead of +1. Whoever thought this was balanced clearly lacks in understanding of the game.

4) Worm Lord: LOL.

5) Necrosis: did anything change? I cant really remember if it was different, but the biggest change is probably giving more it to some "worms". Creep racial was never week to begin with, dont know why the whole racial had to be renamed and all, instead of tapping different champions.

6) Cannon Shot nerf: good.

7) Plant Hive: bad move. Relics should cost nearly as much as the actual relics, you guys say something then do completely the opposite.WTF.

8) NKD change: LOL. Didnt do anything, good job at useless.

9) Natures Balance: good.

Now onto the factions:

KF:
    Good changes, although Woodmarshal not being tapped doesnt really move the OP aspect of the theme, I think. However, the nerfs to trees should be enough to make FOTM people loose interest and find something else to play, until a new unit is released and we will be talking about this again. Better than nothing, I suppose.

IS:
    Markoth keeps getting IS all the goodies without disregarding any notion on balance. Zealotry is strong on this one. Shatter on Tundra Barbarian, +1SPD to Archangel, Barbarian to Isran and others, upgrade path on Priestess are all little things that dont really show up as big when analysed individually, but when add up leave everything unbalanced. Not to mention, buffing Groble Strike Force by reducing its nora cost and giving that new ability, Agregate. The question I ask is this: how are you going to apply damage to others when the target isnt receiving damage in the first place. We ask to reduce importance of summons, and yet the guy buffs a summon spell. Honestly, F U whoever came up with this change.

SL:
    Same thing with buffing a summon spell: F U to whoever came up with this change.
    I would just like that after BUFFING this bunch of Skeezicks, you would at least tap the couple of OP spells they have: WAYLAY and QUICKEN. Jeez, why you guys give balance the finger every time.

FW:
    Boneshredder and Polluted Martyr getting this? What? Yes, disregard any notion on balance and change champs at will, that will work. Necro Hex: yes, lets make sure meta champs dont suffer the downsides of not being creeps. Cool!

UD:
    I acctually liked the changes, although buffing Purefire was crazy(single target Vulnerability with a perk for 30 nora? Yes please).

ST:
    Jakei Shaman change looks good, Lonx Hunt Leader is a boss, and Chieftain is more of a meta unit now. Beasts not properly addressed.

FS:
    I just dont like the buff to the witch, seemed unnecessary. Otherwise looks good.

SP:
    I was inclined to say Infernal was too much, but then I saw his range was reduced to 1-2. Good job. Implant is a crazy, crazy AP gen for 35 nora only. Other things I dont mind.

TL;DR: all in all I'd give this a 5 out of 10 for the effort. However, it TOTALLY FEELS exactly like what it is proposed to be: a mish mash of ideas from different people, with complete disregard to other interactions or abilities across the factions.
    This, imo, only further proves the point I have been trying to make all along: balance patch driven by players, in this current model, will never, ever work. It is just too random, its like people suggest things and cross fingers hoping for the best, when in fact they should be making thought out analysis of current units being played too much and whatnot.
    I mean, its cool to have players sharing ideas on how to nerf runes, but them individually buffing runes at their will is not something I would advise.

3. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

Shallaxy the Courier
    • Upgrade Set 1: Rend 2 (default),Deflect,Swap 2

4. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

So. . . . Snuff (Mutants/Undead) no longer works for Creepers. . . I mean Worms :*(

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Yay for Beezick indeed.

The Wurms are all long and wormy, I guess.

I dislike Creep being renamed to Necrosis, because that name suggests that only FW units can get it, even with all of the Worm standardization.

Oh, and Pede? Call to War didn't have a cost change. Adding Aggregate was a straight nerf.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Pede are you drunk?

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No, not right now.
    What dont you agree with? Maybe you can shed me some light.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just pointing out that Tundra Barb, Archangel, Isran, the Barb changes and Euan are all from previous patch notes that were forgotten and didn't go live. The only real changes IS received this patch was the cost increase on Trail: HG, NCP (Which is the result of a long discussion thread on the IS forums) and GSF
    I agree the cost decrease on Strike Force is a bad idea but until people play with it we may be overreacting. If I am correct in my understanding of Aggregate then Cones and AoEs will do double or triple damage if it hits multiple Aggregate units. While doubtful it's possible that the spell could be trash now.

9. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

My opinion:
    (I can only talk about the factions I play atm KF, UD, SP, a bit FS)

Changes I really liked:

General: Worm changes, Aggregate
    SP: Goliath Fesh lost Colossal
    UD: Warrog now has 7 speed insted of 8, Late to Battle change
    FS: Landcannon small nerf

Changes I dont like:

KF: Huge Gnarlwood Grappler nerf, Launcher and Patriarch might need additional adjusting (Im not expierienced with Trees so dont take this too serious)

UD: Purefire buff? (there will be a lot of nerf threads in the next time about this/the lost of cleanse is appreciated though :) )
    Scorched dwarf nerf might be too extreme (sorry I misread it)

SP: Klub Hp increase?
    Aspect of Chaos - Channel Dmg on a champ without Basic attack? (Maybe its just me but I dont see a smart use for this)
    Crowned Sauropod buff? (Bodyguard with Colossal was the tipi-top but now with Thrash he gains another strong ability)

Changes I am (still) hoping for:

(remember I am playing these Factions that I hope get nerfed)
    KF:
    Colossal Boa needs a nerf (Colossal + Tough3 + 65Hp +boostable Races Beast/Elf - is just too much)
    Fairy Buffs (Some of them or a nice theme ability, this is my own opinion - people might argue about that)

SP:
    Crowned Sauropod to lose Colossal and stay like he is now (same cost)
    Klub needs a Huge nerf, he is as all the SP Heroes just OP especially out of their adressed theme
    Moga Cannon (just a small Dmg decrease)

UD:
    Now Purefire nerf? (But lets wait how this turns out)

FS:
    Needs buffs
    Hydraxor (please)
    Elder Murkworm (please please)
    Maybe Quagmirran Nora cost decrease?

Cant talk about SL ST IS FW as I dont play them atm.

Im actually glad to see that more and more stuff is getting fixed ... Good Job!

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

They started the patch with tree nerfs to give you hope and make you feel happy about patch, then they took it away and took a massive stinking dump all over your smiling face

TL;DR Don't regret not playing

Note....... You did do some things right tho..... ill give you that

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The dumbest thing about Revere: Hydraxor is that Hydraxor isn't even expensive enough to make it worthwhile. And then the benefits are crappy, too. Quag isn't a damage dealer, regen 2 is bad and so on.

When I see Hydraxor I just want to neck a bottle of whiskey. Please, redesign the module. Yesterday.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

What? did you even look at him... he is basicly pre-revamp + cheaper...... im perfectly cool with him lol

13. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

You're right ... I misread - thought it would cost double because of that +25 nora thing

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Although he had demonbound pre-revamp rather than deep elf bound so I'd consider him slightly worse.

That said, I like it better flavourwise that there he goes AWOL from time to time. Would have been nice to get rid of that skirmisher upgrade so that he can hit the shrine but meh.

15. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Side note i dislike how purefire doesn't cleanse anymore...... We're getting thrown back in the old UD that didnt have tools it needed

We still have cleanse from demonlich ( at cost of 10 dmg and having to summon it on time ) and relieve from grief so i guess we still have the tools

Im just saying.... can we move forward not backwards?

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Are you crazy? UD cleanses are retribution and sacrifice. If you want to complain about a lack of cleanse do so in FS.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Overall a good balancing out good work devs i only have one concern, before the latest patch i was actually running mentor for the damage boost pretty effectively he lost that and gained boost beast 3 when everyone was saying they don't want or need more boost 3 ? Of all runes why give it to a rune that could potentially be a staple for boghoppers rather than randomly trying to make him fit with beasts ?

18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

That is true, but on the other hand we have been given improved sources of defile. So I think we have had that path opened up.

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You can't be serious, the flying pirahnids weren't enough of a hint for his relation to beasts?

20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Because he wasn't used because of his cost, people always prefered glowing slider before.

Now he's a pretty fkin badass healer,that's for sure.

21. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

As much as I hated playing against trees, I think they got hit way too hard, +25 nora cost are you freaking crazy. That's just straight up shoeboxing the rune (and keep in mind I Firking hate that rune).

Really glad my suggestions about warmage were considered and somehow implemented. Probably still borderline shoebox, but I think you might find a space for him in certain bgs.

Arthromancer change is just honey, if fruit wasn't autoinclude I might swap alchemist for him, and even then he seems like a worthy include in both skeez and insex deck.

Sand spitter change is damn sexy.

Not too happy about tort land cannon nerf, I think the nora cost should go down right now, since it is not very good atm.

I don't understand why people whine about cost decrease on summon spells, they now take triple damage from basically everything (spread throughout the champs).

I like the sauropod change, although he could use a flat +(2-4) nora increase on top of that.

And finally, goliath fesh lost collosal. Phew.

Gorebucket likes this.