Discussion: Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

So much whine in this thread, I honestly liked this patch. Some stuff was not addresed, some stuff got hit too hard, but many changes were good imo.

And I think it's ridiculous that people complain so much about manual nora adjustments, I thought everyone agreed that certain abillities on certain champions bring their efficiency way higher than other abillity combinations. Nothing wrong with manual adjustments if you don't overdo them imo.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- well some old murdered legendaries need a lil manual love. Lamia, defiler knight i miss you. Fixing rarity dependence is great but making runes unplayable is harsh

3. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

What DoTs are worthy in UD? Poison? Rend?

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I like this worm theme and some of these buffs and nerfs to treefolks are in the right place. I hear you guys avoided nerfing the bigger things because of the next recost patch I hope that's true because we are missing a good chunk of nerfs to voil, SP heros, AA, ghost, TAGLAR I saw something on him but not sure if it was a nerf. But I will take the patch FS could have used a bit more changes?

5. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

Overall seems good at first glance.

Aspect of Chaos, though, replacing attack charged with channel damage doesn't do anything for the fact that he can't use either one properly, at least not without some external effect. (mimicing a nonbasic attack like a bomb attack onto him, repurposing his damage somewhere, etc)

I'm also rather confused why Klub randomly got +2 hp when he was already quite efficient.

The nora drain 'change' also seems... like not a change. I think it would make more sense for nora drain to read Description: "Target a champion you DON'T own, each player loses all Nora." That would prevent the scenario where player 1 drops a cheap champ and nora drain on the first turn.

Treefolk got nerfed pretty hard. I know a lot of people on the forums complain a lot about them, but I'm a pretty poor player at this game, sitting usually in rare league when actively pvping, and I own treefolk every time, with a variety of BGs, so I'm not sure why better players than I struggle to beat it. I would have thought some of the overefficient IS champs would have been hit with nora increases or slight nerfs, but maybe that's just what my playstyle struggles with. (I like slower BGs, which means I tend to lose to rush BGs, so spamming cheap IS stuff is a problem for many of my favourite BGs)

6. Sealer0

I think you're right about IS efficiency, despite your rank/skill level, so don't feel bad about it.

7. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

I keep waiting to see something non-tree related for KF. Can we just break out the chainsaws and kill this theme completely? Then we can move on to some of the interesting things in the faction that are like a half-baked pie waiting for some time in the oven? Otherwise, I am heading to McDonald's for some of those 2-fer-a-doller nuggets of scrumptuous.

8. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

That appears to have been the goal of this patch. Can't imagine that they were trying to do anything otherwise handing out +16 manual increases.
    I understand the desire to see other parts of the faction receive attention, but breaking things just means having to go back and fix them...

9. Sealer0

I agree with both posters above me.

10. egami

Everybody hates trees; it will be years before players don't ***** about trees even if they were "balanced". The best thing to do is kill them, allow everyone to move on and then come back when people want to be rational. Let the mewling crowd move on to something else. Besides, we are now on patch no. 53 of trimming the trees; now that's some bad gardening. If we still have +16 nora increases needed, let's just all agree that the entire idea was pooched and the handling of corrections were less controlled than a three year old doing once-a-minute Ramune shots.

DarkJello, Sealer0 and Karmavore like this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I don't think I'm an more superior to anyone in this game, we're all pretty nerdy and lame, fighting over a digital game.

Also no to all of those things. I'm a player that was asked by Gedden/Senshu to help alleviate some stress. To scan through the forums while he helps his team design this game we all are so keen to hate on.

It would be beneficial if Gedden had some prolific in game knowledge, but that's not the case.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Every time I read these patch notes discussion threads I come to conclusion that there should be no patch notes at all and only a general message "We buffed this and that theme and nerfed this and that theme" so you're left in the dark and have to find stuff on your own. It'd at the very least reduce the amount of negativity that is pretty much hissed at DOG right now.

Nautilak and Sealer0 like this.
  13. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I kinda want to go into what's okay and what's wrong with the tree changes, because they are actually close to what was requested, but completely thrown off by the +nora out of nowhere:

Launcher change is good. The same exact results could have been achieved within the confines of the algorithm simply by removing Vuln Fire, but otherwise it's fine.

Grappler got damn near the build I wanted, but the inexplicable +16 nora absolutely killed it. He was revised to be a cheap, weak utility champ or a slightly stronger combat one (with Domain). Now he's a overpriced weak utility champ clearly outclassed by Detection options like Deadly Tracker, Light of the Circle, and Falconer. You can drop any of those and do better alone than the current Grapper with some boosting. If he cost what he used to cost, he would still have at least one spot in the deck. But he doesn't.

Patriarch. Removing Lethargic would have been a justified +8. Removing Vuln Fire would have been a justified +6. Removing both would have been a justified +14. A reasonable manual increase based on the effectiveness of his build would have also been tolerable. But +16 and you better like it?! If the algorithm is that far off it might be time to make another one. And sadly, he'll probably break 80 nora with the next cost revision and still have two drawbacks.

Willowind didn't need a nerf at all, nevermind +7 nora. If anything she needs a buff or a reconfiguration.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Nautilak, Xirone and Sealer0 like this.
  14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I agree but I think you are undervaluing the necessity of Gedden knowing the game. It wouldn't be beneficial, IMO, it is absolutely vital that he works to gain that level of game knowledge because the game is slowly dwindling because he lacks this. It's an equation of which grows faster, him knowing the game or the leavings of players.

For the below statements, you = anyone who is or aspires to participate in the council process.

Tossing balance to random players (no offense to karma or anyone else) is a terrible idea. And you can all say "we advise" as much as you want, but the fact is that you do not, you develop, and you all are not experienced developers and I see way more bad implementation and bias buffing than I do balance.

If you are going to step up and be on the council then I challenge you to have the courage and integrity to do what needs to be done to save this game, because if you do not, you are contributing to its demise.

No, I'm not doomsdaying, I'm telling it like it is.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Bakki, how come you always eloquently say everything I want to? Damn we are too bros. My thoughts 100%, and I wish more people could understand the issue.

16. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I make a living talking. I'm totes srs. And since I'm an old man of 35, I've got lots of practice.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. egami

Morbo is not amused.
    [​IMG]

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He's just mad that his brother got purple and he got stuck with green, we all know that purple is way seksier than green.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It's the pointer on his head, it haz the powarz of eloquenzinez

Baskitkase likes this.