Discussion: Patch Notes: August 18th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- All this tree hate is getting in the way of nerfing boa, falconer, strategist, condor and bard...lets keep it moving people ;) The reality is for the same reason nerfing the land cannon makes sense is going to be the same reason nerfing all KF units "appears" to make sense. With all stats trimmed down in revamp a blanket +1 speed is now very powerful unfortunately. Old UD bonus would be even more OP as well.

Sealer0 and GabrielQ like this.
  2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

What is the old UD bonus you are talking about?

Sunutsu likes this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

@Gorebucket
    It is ironic that you've been asking for KF Plants to gain access to an in-theme source of Detection for years and the devs finally grant that request by putting it on a champ that is intentionally made to sit in the shoebox.

4. Xirone

Complete anonymity or complete disclosure is the best way to make it work. With that said, it sucks to put effort into something and hear only negatives. I feel like the KF rep is always going to be maligned. Keep on keeping on and remember, seeing previews of unreleased runes is pretty neat...if you are lucky enough to be there when a new release happens!

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

How about we start nerfing 5 runes instead of buffing 5 runes?

Baskitkase and Xirone like this.
  6. Xirone

I suppose there is room for small manual adjustments when a particular set of abilities is unexpectedly strong but large cost adjustments, more than +5/-5 nora, don't seem needed at all. If large cost adjustments are needed, that is an indicator that something more fundamental is wrong with the champ.

7. Xirone

Yeah, some stuff shouldn't be leaked like the names and purposes of unreleased runes, but for balance patches, full disclosure would take some pressure off the PCR guys/gals.

8. Grumz

Grumz The King of Potatoes

The problem with the current champion costing algorithm is that many abilities are worth more or less based on other champion stats. Abilities costs should scale with stats and possibly the presence of other key abilities.
    If a cost multiplier is computed from DMG, SPD, DEF and RNG then abilities costs can be adjusted with this multiplier, so for example an ability like multiattack may cost 5 nora times the multiplier that for a weak champion it may be 0.5 and for a strong champion can be 2.0. Other abilities like additional types of attacks may have fixed costs. Other abilities may scale inversely with the multiplayer so the stronger the champion the less the ability cost, like auras or on-death effects.
    I know it is not easy to get everything right but the current system just does not work.

Entrepidus likes this.
  9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Barrage and pummel should lose ranks anyway and have 3 round cd.

10. Xirone

Yeah, another example is Abash. Abash on a unit with low HP is usually grossly over-priced compared to what you get out of it. Conversely, Abash on a unit with high HP gets a good run for the nora cost.

11. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Just a thought, would it be too hard to implement a formula that for each abilities(including active and passive) under the same branch it increase a small amount of nora cost?
    Overly simplified example of branches could be: defensive, offensive, aoe defensive, aoe offensive, heal

So let say for every ability under the same branch will cost 2 more nora, tough1 is 3 nora and scale armor is 5 nora,
    instead of +8 nora(+3+5) to that champion it will become +10 nora(+3+5+2).

This system could work for cost reduction stuff too, so let say vulnerable cost -10nora each, with two vulnerable it becomes -18 instead of -20nora.

Of course, you could always add something like heal and defensive abilities together will also add extra nora cost.
    Same goes for a melee only champion with a range offensive skill will add extra nora cost or vice versa.

It could be complicated for new player, but since they wouldn't know nora cost for each individual skill, this system could perhaps reduce the amount of manual nora costing.

Forgive my English, not native speaker.

Legato likes this.
  12. Grumz

Grumz The King of Potatoes

I understand, this is something that should have been done from the start. And still, even with a linear system, nora cost will probably still need manual adjustment for many champs. There is not the perfect algorithm but there is always one better than the current one :D

BroWatchThis likes this.
  13. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Barrage and Pummel should be merged anyway.
    They do the exact same thing - make you hit twice for +1 AP on a cooldown.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Barrage is range pummel is melee.

16. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I am pretty sure Sceian can do melee barrage.

Whoops, missed DMr's post.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

There once was an Owl from Nantucket, that tried to balance Pox with a mystical bucket, but finally just declared into the virtual air:

"Hella racket, gonna find my jacket, redo my fantasy bracket, sell a locket, and then, finally fOck it!!!"

And he lived happily ever after in Colorado because the dope helped him cope with the lack of soap in that hippy-infested slope

Progress is slow and steady. DoGz is NOT full of hardcore poxers, yet. I give them until 1-1-15. Please stop peeing on the progress.

NevrGonaGivUup and Etherielin like this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Actually, Pummel is only melee and you must have a melee attack, Barrage is any range 1-X.

So for pummel, if you are range 1-4, and you have pummel, you can still only pummel at range 1.

If you have range 2-4, and you gain pummel, you can't even use it.

You can successfully barrage at any range, at range 1 its a melee barrage at any other range its a ranged barrage.

19. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

MY BRAIN WORKS REAL SLOW AND UP UNTIL NOW I HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT GIVING SEVERAL VAMPYRE THE RACE DEMON AND FACTION UD ACTUALLY IMPROVES BLOOD+MASOCHISM PLAYABILITY. I'M AWESOME AND EVERYBODY BUT ME IS A PANSY PROT.

20. elf7

elf7 Member

This game is lame without new maps. There should be a new unique map added for each patch. Playing the same old maps is lame. Just one new map for each patch would make this game much more amazing and better. That is what this game is missing.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014