Discussion: Patch Notes: August 4th, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Remove Anthromancy and it'll be a lateral change.

2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I have a ST and UD Harb for "offers"
    Let me know!

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It was buffed, you damn ninny. The usable range was increased by 25%.

JellyBerry, Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I don't think the changes to Avarices "fix" it, at all.
    Manic on demand is a pretty terrible idea, mainly because it's basically multi attack on demand, which is basically AP gen on demand, which is the one of the two strongest mechanics in the game, the other being nora generation.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Woah kal, slow down with the crazy words.

I'm more or less inclined to agree but I would say by removing the built in AP generation and adding negative damage to the equipment the threat range and number of effective champions to best use it on has been greatly reduced.

Of course it still doesn't matter much on initial impact and whatnot, as you can attack and then equip your champion, but the built in AP generation did quite a lot on its own so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. At best you will get two attacks and manic with drawbacks later on or attack then manic, which gives it the same functionality of say, Lonx Bonecharm.

Pattn199, Markoth, 19madfox95 and 3 others like this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Wow, so now chained fae goes from "crud I maybe can't get a 3rd turn 2nd deploy" to.. "Bah I can't deploy this first turn and get a champ out sometimes."

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

RE: Avarice discussion

It still looks like a fantastic equip, but it doesn't look totally bonkers anymore.

Pattn199, JellyBerry and Fentum like this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

37 nora chained fae ****s fairy theme. Can't even deploy first turn and use the chained fae which the theme depends on for extra hps............. Are you all ********?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah because slapping down chained first turn every game was super indicative of balance and skill

4NIK8, Goyo, Ballballer and 4 others like this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

CANNOT DEPLOY FAIRY FIRST TURN AFTER CHAINED FAE UNLESS YOU MAKE FAIRY ADVOCATE PRE ORDAINED AS WELL!!!!!! 35-37 nora chained fae bad change. Fail patch.
    [​IMG]

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Chained fae was designed for low hp fairies who have built in defenseless handicap when their hps get low enough stawp kf hate plz essell fanatic.

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

boar spider got pull! crazy nice for Spiders! time to go rampaging with them again! im not sure if you changed this becuase of our talk in the video @Sokolov but if you want more ideas for thematic spider abilities and how they could be added, im here for you!!! <333 you sok

why nerf protective? was it to strong at 3 dmg? or does it stack and is this where the garu theme is going to? that be crazy cool very flavorful, similar to salaman ingenuity though.

Also blood crest buff is neat!

13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Confirmed it stacks.

Very good for garu with 3x protective

Lonx wanderer and silverclan protector will do well from this too :)

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I disagree that Manic on demand is a terrible idea. Because there are many, many other effects which are basically the same thing in terms of damage output/potential. In many of those cases, you actually get the globe after the kill.

There is no specific argument I have heard that makes spot Manic worse than things like MOI, Quicken, Lonx Bonecharm or even stuff like Hammerstrike, Swap, or Gale Force. All of these types of things amplify your damage potential in many instances. Unless you think basically every kill enabling rune should go away, but that'd be a very, very different game.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    themacca, Pattn199, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  15. Sokolov

Old:

Target opposing champion within 4 spaces loses 1 AP. Friendly Imps within 5 spaces each gain AP equal to the amount lost. (Nora: 4)

New:

Target opposing champion within 5 spaces loses 1 AP. Friendly Imps within 5 spaces each gain AP equal to the amount lost. (Nora: 2)

19madfox95, Pattn199, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  16. Sokolov

Yes, Protective now stacks.

poinl, aseryen, Woffleet and 2 others like this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The thing is, you're comparing Spells to Equips. Spells are one time use, whereas Avarice keeps on Manicing until Shattered or killed.

Haven't seen or used Bonecharm so I can't comment on it.

Ballballer likes this.
  18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Manic could probably stand to get nerfed to range 1 only

19. Sokolov

Right, except no one is complaining about "Manic next turn until shattered." Whenever it is discussed, they are talking about the kill potential of SPOT Manic.

(There are also plenty of equipment that does this sort of stuff to various degrees, either extending threat range, damage potential, or both.. Vicious Harpoon, Lightning Rod, Blade of the Snake, and any equipment that gives a ranged damage ability. And many of the spells, like Gale Force or Swap, potentially increases your damage potential for more than one rune and by much larger margins, etc.)

So we can disconnect the 3 pieces of the effect this way:
    1. Equipped champion gains Manic for 2 turns.
    2. Equipped champion gains Manic on its next turn.
    3. -4 DMG and -1 SPD on non-Imps
    1 is basically everything I have talked about - and can be argued to be worth in the range of 30-50 nora, depending on the exact properties.
    2 is basically what the equip does "extra." So what is that worth? Would you use an equipment like that at 40 nora? 30 nora? 20?
    3 is the drawback, so how much does it "cheapen" 1 and 2?

In either case, if you complain about the effect of 1 here but only in relation to this equipment, especially with -4 DMG now, I think that amounts to a bit of tunnel vision on Manic here.

Now, if you think that the equipment is still too strong given all of its properties, that's one thing and potentially valid, but I think specifically saying Manic is bad on principle but not complaining about Pounce/Blood Rage on Lonx Bonecharm, for example, seems to be problematic if you are trying to argue that spot Manic is bad on principle. That's my point.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  20. Sokolov

Also, checking on Chained Fae.