Discussion: Patch Notes: January 28th, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

This is a trend I can get behind. There probably are exceptions, somewhere, but as a general rule I think only runes from the runedock should be real.

2. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

They keep destroying the exceptions, :(. Not a trend I like at all. It inadvertently buffs the already strong rituals and other summon based stuff, and unfairly and brutally nerfs the cool death based interactions.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The problem with bone trap is that boneshredder summons one, otherwise I would argue that the champion it spawns should be real.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Im not saying he is unplayable or weak or even average but compared to what he was (which was crazy) he is not even in the same league. Before he would be found in any IS deck now you will really only see him in Barbarians and maybe a goodstuff mix. He is a melee champ with no defensive stats or abilities with 2 abilities with a long CD. You are essentially paying for 2 AoEs because he is going to die if you try to use him for anything else and if you are keeping him back for just the AoEs he is going to be doing absolutely nothing for a minimum of 2 rounds. All that said, its entirely possible that he may be too efficient still. Its just too early go make that call. People are just saying "Oh look they still use him, he wasnt nerfed enough" which is understandable because he has been crazy enough for long enough for a lot of people to build up a lot of anger towards him.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Not a fan of the superiority nerf.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

A lot of the focus is to make the mechanics straight forward. One of the most common things that comes up from players is why did X happen when you expect Y.

Qucas and Xirone like this.
  7. R334P3R

Then change bone shredders version, and not the trap it's self. That would be fine.

Changing it to a summon buffs the skeleton theme a little bit, this theme is already a bit strong, and it nerfs death benefit which is really starting to struggle.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  8. Xirone

Like when I cast Naturalize on Hallowed Ground and it doesn't disappear. :eek:

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I was actually thinking about Fury.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I'm 100% sure you guys have no idea what you are doing at this point.
    Ice Storm getting nerfed? Good. Where are the other nerfs to staples, though?
    Also, Blockade being ranged? Might as well scratch the ability.
    And this is not even touching the fact that IS escapes some needed nerfs, yet again.
    This patch looks so much player made that: either Sok is lying about the Council not having influence on things; Sok lost his grip on how to balance this game.
    I'm actually glad that I'm not going to touch Pox ever again. Thanks for finally convincing me of not giving this game a chance ever again. Since I'm pissed that you made me quit the game, though, you can expect that I wont shut up about all the mistakes you guys have been making.
    You ruined Pox for me.

11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Yep...you people whine about crap being broken and such and there ya go...poof! Into dust.
    I wonder how many runes will go into the box because of all these "necessary" nerfs...bleh...

Honestly....a true half of these were completely unnecessary...

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ah. Yeah Fury needs to lose Slam. If you just straight up remove it though she is an 85+ nora 5 ranged champ. When you compare it to similarly costed ranged champs like Dead Fairy or some of the KF archers she isnt even in the same class (Remember, I am talking about her without slam and not current).

13. R334P3R

The blockade change is actualy a huge buff. It stops spells like mobility now. It was actualy in game before the last patch so I got to test it. It's very strong now, and I love the change. Is didn't get hit this patch but they did very recently. Not saying is doesent need more, just saying don't bash on the devs to hard, mistakes sure, but overall they do a good job.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

TLE, not terrain.

Also, Pede, the blockade change isn't just range -- it now prevents all AP gen.

15. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

extremely situational...but w/e Its not the worst of the changes imo.
    I'm with Ped tho on the ice storm...really?

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, doesnt change the fact that: AP is gain on the opponents turn, so all he has to do is not be withing range; Blockade was a strong counter against Initiative and Pigmy Hippo Stampede, for example, and that is gone now if Im reading the thing correctly.
    The ability is dead, patch looks amateur made and I'm pissed off that I tried to get back to the game last month.
    But hey, lets not balance the game for the top tier, it will certainly help the game in the long run.

Edit: LOL at reapers post. Yeah, the guy will cast Mobi on the range of that thing. I'm telling you man, they gutted the ability and whoever came up with this suggestions is a terrible player and have ZERO knowledge on Pox.

17. R334P3R

It still stops Pygmy if he is within blockades massive range. And can stop init if in range. Previously it pretty much only affected those two things and was super situational. Now it affects and counters sooooo many things at the cost of it having a range, and a long one at that.

And it doesent stop mobility from being cast, it stops any units within his range from benefiting from it.

18. Xirone

I guess it does boil down to what a "Terrain Modification" is. I would agree that Hallowed Ground isn't a terrain type but would say it is a terrain modification. Dead Magic Zones go away with Naturalize but Fire Wall and Hallowed Ground don't. Knowing what to expect when the spell is cast is important. Admittedly, it's not the most super important fix.

Sirius likes this.
  19. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

no,its killing the fun in game

R334P3R likes this.
  20. R334P3R

Thank you!