Discussion: Patch Notes: May 21st, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 21, 2015.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Can we talk about the Jelly changes?

Darkweave got +3 nora, to lose 1 minimum range and get an extra ability he doesn't really need...

Lightbringer lost the psychic attack type, lost it's range, you lose either burn or majestic as they are both on same upgrade now, got 2 hp and 1 def... for -4 nora?

Mindbender got a cool ability but it's a tough choice cause all of his 2nd upgrade tree are awesome.

I was enjoying playing jellybums, why so mean!

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

They sucked before, they suck harder now. It's kind of like beating up a five year old

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So you paying 3 nora for Energy Thief or Telekinetic Thrust is bad? (Relative to the previous build.)

Majestic is on base now, so how you can lose it?

4. kiblack

kiblack Member

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

BTW, that nerf to NKD is so good! Not.
    It was said you would change it so it was good for the players using it too, guess people changed their mind. WTF.

mortal ix likes this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Well before darkweaver was quite cheap, and just attacked. I thought that was what we wanted, basic runes that didn't need much going on! To add the defensive ability of thief/thrust you changed his minimum range. I don't think it's made him more or less playable, it's just a shift... We added an ability but made his range more awkward.

Sorry I miss typed in that one. I used to run him with majestic, burn and illuminate for 79 nora.

So I gain 1 def, and 2 hp to lose either burn or illuminate? And he lost his range. All that for -4 nora. Now his attack doesn't trigger extispicers ability, and doesn't amp..

Just seems worse.

Also, don't want to sound like i'm just complaining! I enjoy the fae buffs! Just not seeing the jelly stuff, what were you going for with the changes? Maybe i'm missing something.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

calm down dude.

8. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Wonderful patch. Got me back into playing and spending money. Great job

Uruboz and DarkJello like this.
  9. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

First of all, ST received some positive changes when i've played ST meta i felt like I was lacking an efficient range champ and a support champ and i dont think jakei as a theme has ever really been an actual theme, hence the changes to shaman and frost queen.

I don't think its right to question somebodies ability to make fun, flavourful changes without breaking the game before they have even had a chance to prove themselves.

Also Sokolov has reviewed each one of our changes to make sure nothing silly or nonsensical got through - i want to see how the meta settles before declaring whether im happy with the result or not but i certainly think this tackles some of the bigger issues right now and also opens up several more options for viable deck types. Increasing diversity is a big goal of mine personally.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think this patch had alot of good nerfs, some nerfs might have been too strong but others were good. I think sometimes runes need to have their power redistributed rather than just being nerfed like i feel should have happened to geomancer and spirits. They got nerfed hard but got nothing in return and are now probably shoe boxed at the moment.

Also there were good buffs but i feel many of them could have went farther like with lich king and obsidian venger for example. Neither was really improved much with the changes. The changes to lamia, bloodbinder count, and defiler knight all look really good.

I mainly talk about the stuff i feel could have been done better but i appreciate the positive changes that are being made.

11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Don't make meta champs please.

JellyBerry, Boozha and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

2 dodges per turn is bad for 8 nora? I do believe sok plans to review ferren/monks in a future patch. Perhaps that will grab your interest when it happens

13. KingJad

I also dislike how you changed a fairly good crystal support rune to be a meta champ for your bg despite there being several ranged champions that aren't being run that you could have changed.. Wingmaster, Heretic, Mindstriker, Soulpainter... etc

Goyo likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Moles

The akakios changes were pretty poor, nobody's going to run a melee beater with 10 damage for 80+ nora. Especially since he's not a supertank. Can we get rid of the on death stuff? Roar of the fallen is just an enormous sandbag. Give him like 13-14 damage instead, maybe even 1-2 range.

Goyo and Kampel like this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So what you are saying is you completely disregarded the Elder.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I have to agree with this. Changes should not be made to make metagoodstuffs more metay and goodstuffy. Changes should be made to improve themes, goodstuff can rot.

17. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

I do really like the changes to the Queen and the Shardseer but I fail to see the sense of the Shaman changes. The Shaman was buffed just some time ago to fit into the crystal theme and is now a asset to Jakei because? Or do you mean Jakei/crystal?

AoI is actual much better than it was before but 83 nora for a support champ without an attack? And its signature ability is still very very bad.. which makes the whole first upgrade path medicore. She looks like the Epochal Sage 2.0.

18. KingJad

AoI is still not worth an include in anything you plan on winning (in any league) with so I consider all her changes irrelevant. Did you nerf the frostwing hunter that was just released? Frost aura 3 on base for crystal phoenix would have been nice. I guess it's better having the immortality build cheaper now though so +1.

19. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I can't even play now, patch broke it :(

20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

And here we are, why the cost change didn't show like in pre DOG patch notes? This was pretty usefull.

And as a side note, goe is now shoebox.