DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

Yes i see they reduced the price for paying customer and i'm realy glad so will be affoardable for more people.
    Now first of all i want thank all who spend of poxnora you help keep the game alive but i mast say this and green don't think is an atack or somthing to you cause is not i apreciate your hard work and try to listen and make all happy, my message is directed who who can affoard invest alot in this game .

Time ago i spend too but now especialy after the soe experience i consider myself f2p, as i say before i'm glad price drop but was realy nececary ask green increase the box and pack cost for gold as i see a week ago +- ? and in the same time reduce gold reward from dayly etc in game ?

Duno you guys but before i (i have a life) manage to get 2000 gold in a day of playing if i was lucky, most of the time a bit more than 1500 that mean (not logging all day like me) i could affoard a box in 30 day +- or a pack 3-4 days now i think is more than 45 -50 day to manage get box

Now if you do some math you all know paying or f2p you always should aim at a box you realy thing a f2p and or new player will like to waith 45 days or 30 if he is a grinder to get 1 free box not to mention they get the old stuf and need waith another 90 days minimum to get the new (old from who pay) expansion come out ? i see how in that post you guys asked the green reduce owl price and increase gold one, that was the first step before this patch.

A healty f2p comunity consist in listen to both side f2p and paying users, especialy if pox aim to be f2p and target for new players that 30% can became a paying user.

I read some one write f2p people keep crying to get free stuff, not all of us are and most of them try to reach out cause care about the game sorry for not be bourn in the right family or can't grind all day like other but as i sayed before a good f2p game depend on both no paying player and paying one and most don't even bother log the forum to write what they think they just enjoy logging the aplication and play, f2p don't cry ask after awaile they don't write any more in an atempt to reach on forum and after stop logging the aplication not cause they don't like pox but they just find another game worth their time

Now you see what happened with soe when f2p players where not listen at all and bullyed till exasperation that time too from who could affoard for his own gain alone, you seen the drasticaly drop of player you want bring this again to owl ? you think after another will take pox and try to save it ?
    Who do you think will lose more a f2p who see his gold / time have no value at all and move to another f2p game ? or you who invest in runes if they leave again only for the temporary short gain from the rune you have ?

this 3 point togheter i think to some f2p user make it say is pay to win so 2 of this point i list down mast be worked out

1. 1 box cost for example extended increased instead decrease to a rasoanble 25k gold
    2. 2 reward decreased from dayly and other game
    3. 3 the extended is like trow money in the ocean and hope the fish you want get out, is too vast i think even ktchop and his pool have problem with it, after 7 box and yea i don't have the lucky of some i get only the granted in any case for me is a waste trow my gold/time in not to mention my money

I realy hope if it rest so the new expansions with time will not end in this extended and keep increasing him because if it is , is a fail

I have preaty mutch all rune exept few exo and legendary limited so this don't affect me so mutch but for a new player well lets just say is not so actractive, we want new players right ? and stay ?remember whathever a f2p get a paying one get too

now sorry if i seemd to harsh and depresing but soon i mast go to work outside my nation for a bit and i can't follow the grow of pox and i don't want come back again and see poxplayerbase vanished again like time ago, i worned soe too with a dumb post like this if some of you remember,

now thank to who had will and perseverance to read my poor english message

2. Clueless

Clueless New Member

Actually its 200 not 270 as far as I can see.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I'm going to continue to call bs. If you can't get 1k gold in a day by doing the dailies and playing 2ish games, there's something wrong.

4. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

I talk not about daily skrimish , i mean Campagain ( if you spend 20+ min in campagain you get 270gold).

5. TheNidhogg

So are we not going to talk about how this gold rate is higher than SOE (175 / 20 min) and it can be used to buy boxes (unlike before)? It's a far sight better than what we used to have.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT, because I can.

7. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

My silly friend on SOE gold farm rate was like 1600gold/hour and atm its like 810 / 2 times less

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  8. TheNidhogg

It used to be 8.75 gpm up to 20 minutes.

9. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Than you dont know how and when to farm. And its not strange if you can just spend $$ to win.

10. TheNidhogg

No.. it was just a fact. I have afk farmed a lot of Euan's, I don't know if it changed since (Gedden seemed to imply that the gold rate was not what they were told it would be by SOE, so perhaps there were changes).

You'd spend $$ to still lose, so there's that.

11. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

The gold rates were brought up to 10/minute under SOE reign, I think maybe a bit before or after sok left. A few months later, there was a double gold event that SOE haven't bothered to ever end. I believe SOE told DOG the base rate, not the double rate.

So the rates are the same as with SOE (for campaign, they are better for dailies as you said). Of course, you are very right that we can do a lot more with that gold now :)

12. TheNidhogg

Thanks.

Anyway, the salient point is this: gold is not used for the same things at all as it used to be.

Gold used to be spent on individual runes. Now it is spent on packs and boxes.

Shuyash likes this.
  13. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

So 2 Extended boxes cost 3510 Owl credits. You can only buy $35.00 or $40.00 in credits....
    [​IMG]

Zenity likes this.
  14. Martinetas

Martinetas The King of Potatoes

So, i just completed The Angels Descend on legendary and it gave me 530 gold.

- 300g for completing an encounter on legendary (i think it means the whole campaign)
    - 50g for "The Darkbringer's End" (i think it is the last encounter)
    - 30g bonus for "Epic Battle!"
    - 150g for "Daily First Win!"

The achievements were "Mastered The Angels Descend" "Epic Battle!" "Daily First Win!"

And, it took me like.... 40 minutes?... so it means that without the achievements, that fight would have given 50g?

Pretty disappointing...

15. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

300g for the encounter is the gold reward for finishing that single game in that much time (you get more gold the longer the game is, up to 20 minutes, or so it went before the last patch), plus you get a bonus 50 for that particular map. Epic battle is almost mandatory if you play a 40 minute game :) so the only thing you got there as an extra is the daily first win. So, it's not too bad, wouldn't you say? ;)

Martinetas and TheNidhogg like this.
  16. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

-150gold from first win and we have like 380gold/per 40min yeah rate is not so bad. 70 hours for 1 box preety darn good. Because who told that game shouldn't not be a second job. You come back from job and instead of have fun , you farm like madman.

17. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

in a day for me is 1-2 hour but i understand if for you is 24

18. TheNidhogg

Oh, so people should just get a job, work for 2-3 hours and buy a box? Novel concept.

Gold is a bonus, not a job. If you're trying to farm gold, yeah you'll have a bad time. I sometimes do campaigns while watching Netflix. It's not work.

Donegals, DarkJello and Shuyash like this.
  19. TheNidhogg

... I could definitely get 1k gold in an hour.

20. Dnarius

Dnarius New Member

Ok guys ykmmmm is just trolling now.....he doesn't want to concede the fact that he is wrong even against evidence so just let us all move on to the real issue.....Global Warming....if we all play pox all day like the troll thinks we use less gas to goto our jobs to provide for our families which happens to be the majority of our situations so let us all become cave dwellers and then see how much ykmmmm hates the fact that we will all have infinitely more gold to spend on boxes and flood the market with free runes thus letting DOG sink because even fewer peeps will buy the boxes with cash.