Discussion: Preview Video Expansion 27 & Weekend Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As for the Hyaenid, the stats told to you aren't the latest or necessarily final even if it was, but does reflect the direction of the rune. Yea, it's not a standalone rune, and is more of a mobile relic that amps other people's damage. I am also not sure SPD is super important in a champ that doesn't use AP to attack.

Also, the DMG the ability applies is a static value now and not an attack - which I think changes the Havoc's Touch equation a bit.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Isn't havocs touch already giving reduced buffs to ranged units?

3. Sokolov

This rune is melee range, it just has an ability that deals damage (which was an attack in the original design, but isn't now) at RNG.

Thus, if it WAS an attack, then Havoc's Touch would amp it's damage significantly.

Now that it's not an attack but a flat damage trigger, it bypasses various attack counters, but can't be amped via +DMG effects.

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Okay ill take your word for it, but if you cant amp this things damage it is going to be absolutely awful (at least from what ive been told). Would rather just slap rods on things for easier one rounding most of the time

5. Sokolov

That said, without Havoc's Touch shenanigans, I think it moves away from your OP or shoebox problem somewhat. The champ is also cheaper because it doesn't need all that DMG base now for this ability to do anything at all

6. Ballballer

See i disagree. It moves away from the op part certainly, but the "why would i deploy this just to do 18 damage and then have it die" part is still certainly there

7. Sokolov

Anyway, I try my best to make interesting, playable stuff that isn't OP. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't - it's difficult because I do most of it in a vacuum and don't have the benefit of as much playtesting as I'd like. In the end, my goal is to make stuff people have fun trying out and using. This rune in particular I am excited to see in action because I think this rune is fairly unique and is a mechanic that's worth trying out.

I mean, I suppose I could axe the new ability and make a standard ranged Hyaenid with Attack - Electricity. But that doesn't seem all that interesting.

8. themacca

I think this thing is more for designated lightning BGs and provided the range is good enough dealing extra damage when you do a lightning Rod+lightning storm combo could amp the damage up pretty significantly. Whats the range of the ability sok.

9. Sokolov

5, and it deals 10 damage flat, ignoring DEF.

10. Ballballer

Ahh my bad i thought it was 9. It's still only 2 applications per turn tho right?

11. Ballballer

How about a magic damage voil with sever summons cough cough

12. Sokolov

When it was an attack it'd have been 9 because he had 9 base DMG.

But yea, 2x trigger per round because otherwise, one Lightning Storm and you are getting 100% amp basically.

It was also initially first time each turn, but that's removed now.

Anyway, it's not a standard meta rune by any means, but I think Electricity players will find him interesting enough.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Gnomes likes this.
  13. themacca

while we're having a whinge for lightning stuff. Storm field plz

Bellagion likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

idk how strong the new hyaenid is I havent seen it yet but the problem with hyaenids is the design of many of the hyaenids that currently exist. too many poor ranges and bad hp/def combinations. Also bad choices are being made on some upgrade lies, hyaenid pack leader for example should have shock base and commander as an upgrade, instead it has both on the same upgrade line...

3-4 and 2-4 range probably shouldn't even be in this game they are freaking terrible. Unless the champ has op abilities and or stats its almost always going to suck. Even frostfall dragon is mediocre and its abilities and stats are op as heck. Its really frustrating seeing new champs given horrible ranges or stats. Also there are still alot of worthless sandbag abilities in this game like static aura ruining champs.

15. Ballballer

Also, I predict the new IS spell to be op with call:celestial spear. Calling it now

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You think everything is OP.

Deep mines would work better.

17. themacca

Not true at all. ask him about stuff from SP ;)

Anima26 likes this.
  18. Ballballer

yeah brilliant idea putting your lumbering nora gen unit into harms way!

19. Ballballer

buff sp

SaintKiwi likes this.
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Plant the mines than run away or bait them in range duh noob gg wp.