Discussion: Preview Video Expansion 27 & Weekend Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The question is whether it is better to have a Council of people, some of whom are leaking content to others anyway, or whether it is better to just have everyone talk about said content.

It seems at least some people here would suggest dissolving the Council and just releasing the content to everyone.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Could try it for one rune and see what happens.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Bad business decision in the long run! Old players like the idea because their investment depends on the runability of the rune. New players just bye mostly because they don't understand balance issues and could care less. It is better for business to release the rune and scale it back after purchase that way you catch the initial purchases of collectors and noobs up front and get the residual purchases from old players after it has been balanced.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The way I see it is, most of the people on the council try to hold back their zealotness. Sure they'll try to get cool toys for their faction, but they also suggest nerfs when needed. Letting the entire community help design would be a bad move.

Now, having a poll to decide what theme should get expanded from a faction would be nice.

themacca likes this.
  5. Sokolov

To be honest, I was joking about "design by democracy" but I am interested to hear if people think that rune previews should be done in the open instead of to the Council only.

Note that such previews can happen months in advance and sometimes is nothing more than a concept and an outline of an ability idea.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

May be a neat idea to do a post showing the full development of a rune including all stages of the art, the various iterations and the final product.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No to design by democracy. Would rather have design by autocracy and a large gift of tissues to the playerbase.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

If you want honest player input, remove trading.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

No

10. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

And... Why would we want to do that?

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

to make it so we can only get runes through luck and grinding for ages of course

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Well, I guess you could say you have... sparked my interest :cool:.

...Yeah, I said that.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I vote against democrazy.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

democracy sucks but its one of the least bad forms of government considering how flawed people are.

In a perfect world something like communism would be best but people are way too corrupt and flawed for it to work properly.

15. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

So is the release date on November 18, 2016? If so, thank you, plenty of time to start saving up.

16. Sokolov

This is a really weird necro.

17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi