Discussion: Spirits Beyond Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

I've just realize one thing: some slags got nerfed, wandering was hardly nerfed, but why did you remove ooze tap from oozing slag???

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

heretic shackle needs to be changed, so that it doesnt stop the opposing player from contesting the font early game... Does the council do anything at all? How does stuff like this continue to get into the game?

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

It have should worked completely different, but was extremely bugged. The original effect was changed to the current version.

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

FW map should not be a thing if FS bonus is around. It's near on impossible to beat FS on that map simply because they will run laps around your nora count just due to it being FS.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Curious about various FS comments on the 0-font FW map -- I haven't played against an FS deck on that map yet, and have only a theoretical explanation of why it might be good. Could you elaborate on experiences against FS on that map? What does it feel like to play against them? What's the rhythm of the game? How do FS players usually handle that map? Do you feel that other faction bonuses do not function as well on that map?

6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

lol dude...

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've played on the map 5 times as FS. As soon as the game started I knew I controlled the tempo, whether it be rush or build up. As FS, I decide to camp/build until i'm ready to power turn. If my opponent has strong champs i'll save up for Drown. SP's faction bonus also shines on this map, but not nearly as much as FS's. SP need to deploy champs or let their champs die.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Some quick calculations gives me that after 10 rounds of play, the following is true:

+6 nora on 4 Font map gives you a net benefit of 9.7% more nora than the other player after 10 rounds @ 510 to 450 nora (60 net)

+6 nora on 2 Font map gives you a net benefit of 11.0% more nora than the other player after 10 rounds @ 606 to 546 nora (60 net). This is a difference of 1.3% more than on a 4 font map (or 13 more nora for every 1000 gained).

+6 nora on 0 Font map gives you a net benefit of 13.3% more nora than the other player after 10 rounds @ 678 to 618 nora (60 net). This is a difference of 2.3% more than on a 2 font map (or 23 more nora for every 1000 gained). And a difference of 3.6% more than on a 4 font map (or 36 more nora for every 1000 gained).

Note also that it all starts at 13.3% and slides down the longer the game goes when fonts are involved:

upload_2016-4-6_0-45-59.png

So are you sure you can feel this right from the start vs the old FW map or is it just an assumption? Because the math says the closer to the beginning of the game, the less of a difference it actually makes.

At the same time, the absolute and proportional difference doesn't seem hugely significant. In fact, if we are so concerned with FS with 0 fonts as being "impossible to beat" then it seems the 2 to 4 font difference should also theoretically be a concern, but I have NEVER heard that cited as a problem with the 2 Font maps vs 4/5 font maps.

~

I will be pulling the data on the FW 0-Font map to see if FS and SP do have a significant advantage, but I don't recall any such effects on the FW 2 font map relative to the maps with more fonts (though I may go back and check the historical data as well).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    newsbuff and SaintKiwi like this.
  9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm sure I can feel it from the start. I was playing against Karmavore and I decided to build up. After the game he said something along the lines of "Yeah I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with you late game so I rushed." I pretty much decided to stay inside my shrine area and hit end turn until I drew the cards I needed to power turn and win the game.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

take root needs cd 3 or cd 4.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

goblins need to be completely redesigned, especially if your going to start releasing exotics to the theme. I bet this expansion made alot of UD players angry(the ones still left) UD got a bunch of non demon trees(why the heck did u give them race vampyre instead of demon?...) and a exo for a worthless theme.

the new trees arent even designed to be playable in UD, they were built with the kf bonus in mind. Awful expansion for the underdepths faction.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

UD's range units need to be buffed or the UD faction bonus needs to give 4+ damage to all units and not just range. Wtf was the logic behind giving UD's ranged units half a faction bonus in the first place? SL range dont get half their bonus, neither does ST's.

Either UD needs decently strong ranged units like every other faction in the game or it needs much more anti range/melee synergy and alot more work on the faction in general to allow pure melee decks to work properly.

The Underdepths faction has kind of been butchered since the relocation and other nerfs.

@Sokolov

13. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

Rip Witch needs the 6 range, kindly undo that nerf, its not like FW have a ton of good 6 or more range units. She is squishy anyway, now she has to get even closer.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

yeah, alot of ranged units he nerfed shouldnt have been nerfed or were nerfed way too hard.

and im still trying to figure out why sokolov thinks it makes sense for uproot to have a 6 turn cd...

15. Excalibur95

i agree with a lot here, UD has the worst range units especially long range, i know stitched were kinda ok but then you would need to play mostly or all stitched to benefit. No faction or race should have a limited or almost non existent ranged option like UD have, kf are mostly range but you didnt take away all their decent melee, even tho they could do with some love there. if the poxnora lore says ud should only be melee then change the lore.. no one wants to play only one way.

i do not think ud should get +4 dmg on ranged but i do think you need to release some really decent ranged for them, with decent abilities, preferably demons. then ud wouldnt need +4 dmg on their ranged.

naria queen's 5 speed and their races other problems makes mw right here. i mean naria fit in with trees and plants in kf... but nothing much in ud. silly

16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I thought the same... Logically more fonts mean more equivalent nora gains when you add a static bonus like FS's, and the opposite applies with less fonts. But I haven't seen any game such as Cydna's, and I had seriously never seen anyone talk about this "more fonts equals better late game for FS" theory before... I can understand things like nora gen having such weight but that's it. Weird, at the very least.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

in my opinion 4+ damage on range is no different than 20% dmg reduction, 10 hp, or 1 speed on range. I dont see why UD's ranged units are singled out and only get half a bonus while all the other factions range get the full benefit.
    @Sokolov

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Alakhami likes this.
  18. Excalibur95

i think its messed up giving UD their bonus and then when designing or patching ud champs they take into account the full faction bonus and make them now with low like around -4 damage compared to normal for other factions.. i dont see ST champs being made with 40 health for their bonus to increase them to 50. they mostly have around 60 afterwards and their damage is good too.

19. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

This.

newsbuff likes this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

UD got screwed this expansion, no wonder agirgis quit. lmfao. Literally none of the new runes are useful to UD bgs with mindtap possibly being the only exception.