Discussion: Visions of Amareth Final Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 13, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

There are currently 14 different male Deep elves.

I find for the cost of 64 nora informant is actually amazing. im also very tempted to play him with trickster. could have some nice call of the hunter shenanigans with that.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nothing wrong with 10-12 base damage and 2 def as a melee though. 8 dmg is really low and 2 def isnt much more nora than 1 but would be much better on him.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If you want something more durable in that role then there is the sheoul monstrosity.

DarkJello and themacca like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sheoul monstrosity was overnerfed, he kinda sucks now lol. monstricty hasnt been good since he lost equalize, equalize was pretty much the only reason he was decent and he lost 1 def as well for some reason. nefari informant had 2 def before. I dont know why they took away 1, he wasnt even strong as he was.

5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Had feeling you might say that
    it still better than getting a sheoul monstrosity meta-ish type, I hope we don't have one of those.

oh wait

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Can we see that lodestone as a small unit please. Nobody already runs the current lodestones as they are all large units and on most maps are unplayable, especially considering all the random buggy spaces on pox maps.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2x2 units could use a buff, maybe 5-10 hp or 1 def free.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

2x2 units already get a discount

DarkJello likes this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

They don't need a buff, maps just need to be changed to the point where they aren't always stuck or cornered. Right now when i deploy a 2x2 i know it's only purpose is to take up space that has become their only use. With themes like cyclops and tree folk and the majority of their runes being large units it is a major reason why they don't see play that often, and it's not because their bad runes mostly because of their ability to move on many maps without running into some sort of problem or cornered by the famous "impassable terain" or inaccessible spaces.

Lack of maneuverability is the problem of large themes.

11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Plateau of Elements: change a square to rock by the lava entrances to the middle font so 2x2s can walk through.

Tweek516 and DarkJello like this.
  12. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Yoda?

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i know, most still seem to be lacking in comparison to 1x1 though.

14. Sokolov

What is it about them that is lacking? And why does buffing all 2x2 help them in a meaningful way that isn't just making them even more efficient they are?

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they are harder to position, fonts, terrain, and relics block them much more easily. Atm almost any champ would be better off as 1x1 with the possible exception being 2x2 flying. 2x2 champs don't really need a buff to 2x2 but they should probably be given more efficient stats and abilities on average than 1x1. I think most 2x2 in this game is pretty bad right now, I'd have to check to make sure though.

16. Sokolov

So you feel the current discount (about 4 nora, typically) is not enough for 2x2s in general, and that almost all 2x2s are bad because of this.

And the problem isn't that 2x2 champions individually have a problem, but that all of them are bad.

Other than some flyers, are there 2x2 champions that are ok/playable and would be OP with a further discount?

17. Sokolov

To put it another way, what discount would you put on 2x2?

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

possibly klub, coral creeper, some dragons, and a few others depending on what the buff would be. I don't have a way to get a list of all the 2x2 to see.

I'd give them either 1 def, 5 hp, or something similar for free and keep the current discount. Maybe 1 def for melee and 5 hp for range, I am not sure though I would have to think about it and look at the list of 2x2 champs.

A better solution might just be to improve the stats on the 2x2 champs that are currently lacking, for example giving them 1 or 2 more def and or more hp. higher def and hp is cheaper atm with the recosting so this would help them alot. Also 2x2 champs should probably have abilities that fit the theme of being 2x2 more often such as colossal, scale armor, absorb, tough, crushing blow, and other abilities that would be fitting on a large champion.(especially on the melees) absorb is probably overcosted but blood abhorrent needs to stay the same cost, maybe decrease the cost of absorb and increase the cost of its signature ability.

Cyclops need alot of help atm they are severely lacking in many ways. warwizard needs to lose dissipate but his cost needs to remain low, seer needs 1 minimum or 5 maximum range, shaman needs to lose chain lightning and gain abilities or stats useful for its role, cyclops ritualist could use more damage or dot, zeventrech needs a large cost reduction, it should probably cost around 100-105 nora not 125. There are other issues as well, careless is also making berserkers alot weaker than they should be atm because you cannot store ap or position them well to pose enough of a threat for an attack or counter attack.

a cyclops racial that includes mountainer would be nice.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the most important thing I think for pvp atm is just getting themes back to a strong/competitive level. At times you may overbuff them a bit but if you are careful this shouldnt happen very often and you can always hotfix or nerf them later. overpowered themes are better than them sucking as long as they aren't sapper juggler overpowered.

There is a large list of themes that need to be buffed, they don't necessarily need new runes in most cases but just buffs and changes to the runes they already have. 0 def low hp units were overnerfed by the recosting, they need 2-3 nora cost reduction.(dead fairys cost is ok atm though)

20. Sokolov

This seems pretty random and is likely to do very little for some runes, and make other ones OP. Why is some HP or DEF appropriate as a buff? How does it help 2x2s with the problems you described?