Discussion: Visions of Amareth Final Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 13, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not sure what I would do if it was a new ability, I never designed a new rune or ability. But I play a ton of games with all the factions and have gotten a strong feel for the strength of most abilities including this one.

The reason I would cost this ability at 5 is because at 5 nora the ability seems worth taking. for example if you had an option for no ability or absorb at 8 nora I would take nothing but at 5 I would consider taking absorb.

if absorb and dodge were the same cost dodge would probably be slightly more useful generally. it depends at what skill level you are playing. in higher skill level games you dont really focus on attacking a champ unless you have a way to kill it quickly, what absorb usually does is limit you to 1 ranged attack before killing the champ. dodge prevents the initial ranged attack which can allow the champ to live longer and possibly use the ability again.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So in your new costing where Dodge 1 is 5 nora, and Absorb is 5 nora, you'd always take Dodge 1?

3. Sokolov

So pretend you are doing it now. Dodge 1 is currently 6 nora. Evasive 3 is currently 9 nora. Absorb is a new ability and needs a cost. How would you go about thinking about it?

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

depends on the champ, id prefer dodge on squishier units and absorb on tankier ones.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I gotta go finish my homework, I will think about the answer to this.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

on a scale of 1 to 10. how wasted does your time feel right now sok.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't really know atm. I would have to look at other times where my time has felt wasted and compare it to this time. When i'm done doing my homework i'll get back to you.

But I must say, over half the runes in this game are shoeboxed.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Maybe cyclops should get a mountainer/lethargic racial. I don't think they will ever be any good with 5 speeds unless they get ready or something. Even after this change they still need alot of work. I know alpine cyclops gives mountainer but alpine cyclops sucks. the vitalize ability on wardrummer also sucks along with the champ itself.

9. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

"why do you think it should be reduced"

"I think it should be reduced by 2"

"why tho"

"its overcosted"

[​IMG]

themacca likes this.
  10. themacca

The one that killed me was

"Give me something other than i think it is overcosted"

"It just needs a cost reduction"

Woffleet likes this.
  11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

That's the MW way to do something.... I'm really sorry for his friends, family and even his boss.

12. Sokolov

To be fair, we did get to the idea of Dodge 1 vs Absorb being roughly equal. Would be interested to hear what others think of this idea.

13. themacca

I do agree with what he said about i'd take dodge 1 over absorb on a champion who isn't particularly tanky. the difference between avoiding the first hit or avoiding all others afterwards is a rather large 1 on a champion who can't survive many hits.

14. Sokolov

Right. Another general consideration is that Dodge 1 is better in a 1v1 or small skirmish, while the benefit of Absorb is preventing one-rounding in a larger fight.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

blockade is also very similar to secure fonts and annex. This is a 10 nora ability that would be fine at 1 or 2 nora, not sure what other abilities are grossly overcosted like this one but there are several others.

16. Sokolov

Blockade is slated to be reduced to 4.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nice

18. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Large units don't need a buff, maps just need to be changed to the point where they aren't always stuck or cornered. Right now when i deploy a 2x2 i know it's only purpose is to take up space that has become their only use. With themes like cyclops and tree folk and the majority of their runes being large units it is a major reason why they don't see play that often, and it's not because their bad runes mostly because of their ability to move on many maps without running into some sort of problem or cornered by the famous "impassable terain" or inaccessible spaces.

Lack of maneuverability is the problem of large themes.

RedScarlet likes this.
  19. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Someone told me about the headchucker. Time to start playing pox again!!!

Gnomes and mw24 like this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

are the regular drums of war rewards being given out for the end of this expansion?