Discussion: Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Yes because this is such a great skill on maiden if you have her deployed any other unit it is 90 % sure to allready be intoxicated because her equipment gives this allready. The only thing good about this was that it had a negative effect for opponents. Now that they removed that this is just a deadweight skill costing extra nora or taking up a skill slot

Nastyhobo likes this.
  2. Nastyhobo

Nastyhobo The King of Potatoes

Sure, Eth

I lol'd at them because I find them all funny.

Bulwark simply needs to be changed, and a -1 nora decrease is redundant and laughable

Essence capture getting a nora cost decrease is similarly laughable because the amount of nora it generates is highly under rated so im thoroughly confused on this buff.

And Firk pretty much summed up why On The House nerf was funny to me

3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

It also went from a 3 hp bonus to a 2 hp bonus in case you missed.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Took me 30 seconds to find the old Essence Capture: "When this champion deals damage to a champion on an attack, you gain nora equal to 30% of the damage dealt".

And intoxicated has been reworked, so I suggest you read about it.

5. Nastyhobo

I know but I still think it needs to be changed =/

I think it should be capped at an hp amount or changed so it doesn't count summons

4NIK8 likes this.
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Bulwark had its nora cost reduced because it got nerfed at the same time. Wasn't its cost increased by 1 when it received +1 HP clause (aka when it was +3 HP)?

Essence Capture got nerfed to work on basic attacks only, so it won't proc off things like manic or blood rage anymore, which is significant as EC was mainly overused in UD with DEF and Sheoul Demon.

Intoxicated got changed to be a buff-only effect and so OTN had to be changed as well. This isn't a deadweight ability as it opens up opportunities for IS players by letting them equip their champs with other items without having to shatter to do it. Think outside the box for a bit. -3 nora is a good discount imo, makes her cheaper.

Lushiris likes this.
  7. Nastyhobo

Chill guys, I'm aware of all the changes your talking about, I'm telling you I think Essence Capture is under rated, On the House was obviously a nerf, not a buff, and I really dislike the design of bulwark before the fact of its changes.

Lol doesnt mean "omg thats so stupid nerf nerf nerf" I really was just laughing at them cause I find them funny. Who knows how it will effect the champs and themes.

8. 4NIK8

Heretic Overlord getting weighty is such an irony, I'm loving it! No more cheese for you sir!

Boundless Entusiasm is still OP, but now in a different way.. I can only imagine things with gazillion dmg with reflexes 2 and evasive 2 in a context of massive reduction of dispel avaibility... so yeah... UD will still be in your face, but for 8 turn nows. Since it still costs only 25 nora, it will always be up...

Never realised this but Homing Sense is 0 nora, really!? lol..

Bane Shift ... lol

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

OTN - I don't see how being 3 nora cheaper, while being able to buff your own guys is a nerf, when the entire intoxicated mechanic got changed. I don't think you can call it a nerf in such case.
    EC - If EC is underrated, why did it get nerfed? Not getting your point there, man.
    Bulwark - well okay.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Schwing.jpg

Nastyhobo likes this.
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

downtime left?

12. Nastyhobo

Eth On the house already buffed your champs before this nerf, its simply not debuffing enemy champions anymore, And as Firk pointed out, dwarves are basically always intoxicated in dwarf themed bg's anyways so it's essentially a useless ability that ramps up the nora cost. I think thats funny. (SUCK IT DWARVES) :D

And I am definitely glad Essence Capture got nerfed, but yes, I think it is still under rated and really good. Lets take the Sheoul Demon right? Lets give him 20 damage for the purposes of this example (Base 15+UD+Banner (I think)). He has 7 speed, Horrific Aura and 58 Hp. Lets assume based on these stats that hes gonna get off at least 4 BASIC attacks before hes dead. Well by the time he dies, he went from costing 89 Nora to costing 65.

Essence capture costs 5 nora after the 2 nora decrease according to Poxbase. Now compare that to Call to Arms which costs 2 nora, and only genrates 2 nora on an attack. That just shows how insane the ability was before this nerf as well. Very very strong ability in my opinion.

Osidan likes this.
  13. 4NIK8

All these changes to healing and no changes to regen? Especially regarding the availability of it on SL champs...

14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

UP

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Attached Files:

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Sheoul demon is the poster boy for essence capture (and easily the strongest EC champ in the game), so moving from "an attack" (which is already poorly defined and inconsistent in the game) to "a basic attack" nerfs his nora gen directly. Ditto with DEF's manic. I have no idea if pounce from BE generated nora, though I am sure there are 100 current players who could give you that answer right away.

4NIK8 likes this.
  17. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

can somone give me a list of what units where BUFFED like meta buffed if you want :D

18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

op

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wow, I chose the perfect time to wake up today

Etherielin and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  20. 4NIK8

Wait a second, SoTM got a cost decrease? Something went wrong...