Discussion: Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fun fact: Worms still have access to both Commander and Defender, as well as Improve Range. Op OP (but not actually, who the heck runs Twilight Creeper).

2. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

ok your blamed,... i wasnt just talking about deafening aura, theres a ton of nerfs and some i dont understand why, it seems that its always massive amounts of nerfs every patch - why is that needed every time?. just in runes i play an example the skeezick canoneer, barely mentioned by one person. fleshweaver witch, i just know no one was calling op on that, i realize its more the healing aspect but its just stupid changes, how can it cost that much lol.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fleshweaver was literally only buffed in this patch, and that buff was in compensation for a series of consolidation changes in the past that also led to nerfing the champ.

4. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

how is transfer life a buff when it cant heal itself and will slowly die??? i am moaning abouyt its other abilities, swap is ok rest not.. idk when those changes happened hard to tell with the patch notes structure we have.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

You're calling that a buff? :confused:

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You are actually right, I was incorrect in referring to Fleshweaver -- had confused it with Rotwrapper. The changes happened with this patch.

7. Bondman007

It should have been done one or the other. Either range to two OR damage to two. Not both. Now its like meh.

Excalibur95 likes this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't really find it a problem, but shatter plus beneficial/negative equipment for 25n is too efficient.

Fentum likes this.
  9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

10. Bondman007

Congrats...you guys have completely enabled friggin cheese bg's to not only compete but to be dominant. No desire to play in this god forsaken atmosphere.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He lost to ethereal pool

12. Bondman007

Yep...wait till u run into this turn 1 counter or die crap...its awesome
    I've played vs ethereal pool in the past, but with all the changes to the game with this patch, it seems very difficult to beat this garbage now. No cleanse in wrath = soul corruption and crew get to run rampant. Don't pull turn one seism?? gg

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The deck is very, very bad. It's a tier-3 noob crusher. I can't think of a single deck that should lose to it.

14. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Whats the combo?

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It just plays things like Trait Helm, Ethereal Pool, and Spell Trap. You know that one?

16. calisk

Oh a shrine popper deck...that's a super old deck. In the past you'd not scry and play low champ focusing on the ones you could get out early until you could get the relics in range of an aoe since Seismic wasn't a thing back then.

Did they get some new toys?

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, it's still bad.

18. calisk

I miss when facing ud usually meant you'd need to constantly watch for the ember wasp because it would always be looking to get into range of your shrine for the insta gib

Was a nice dynamic when the game shifted from standard to fending off the shrine rush because you are ahead

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That deck is so easy to beat, once the ethereal pool dies all the champs lose scornful... so just save Nora to deploy 3 units in one turn!

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Isn't it actually worse now without old shrine scry?