DMZ centered Arroyo bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Engleberry, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Engleberry

Engleberry The King of Potatoes

Holy Bane Shift the new arroyo are awesome. Whipped together this DMZ based bg. Performs WAY better then Narias. And it's fun seeing the Riftlord grow, snowball and sneak atack for them encouraged kills. Tell me your thoughts. <3

arroyo.JPG

2. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

dead zone voodoo where

3. Engleberry

added now. Soulrifted spell isn't worth is so I put in the voodoo there instead

4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'm playing something similar, haven't gotten my second riftlord yet though :(

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Where the soul collector at?

6. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

While I am partial to the Naria, I must admit the Arroyo are appealing in their own right, both for their flavor and their power.

I think what you have is sound. Dead zone voodoo is definitely a must, or atleast close to it, given the zones you'll be generating and the amount of range inherent to many Arroyo. I dabbled with a FW/KF split bg and found the spell to be pretty useful.

7. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

For me its a little expensive.
    I would
    Drop
    1 or 2 Counts
    1 Spirits Within
    2 ink witches
    2 dec. zone
    Add
    1 Skull of Decay or Tome of Hate
    1 Unholy Tomb
    2 Soul Collector - Replaces Ink and zone
    2 Dead Zone Voodoo​

8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think it would be better to focus on either spirit synergy or dmz synergy.
    But it looks decent.
    Xulos can pick dark awakening as upgrade if you need a hero.
    Mobilisation(ap gen),soulreave(LoL damage),soulreaver(spot cleanse) and enervating collar(spot dispel and energy thief) are all good includes as well.

9. Engleberry

It's been performing pretty well. Changes made so far:

Dropped:
    Spirits Within
    1x Smokeform
    1x Echo

Added:
    1x DZ Voodoo
    2x Skellie Lerps

It's meant to be DMZ focused. The new arroyos aren't particularly mainstream spirit synergistic but they're awesome with Elsari Coven and Blood Bind. The most played runes are IB Witch, Arroyo Riftlord, Arroyo Shadestriker and the Whisperghast. Legitimately speaking, having all of those out at the same time usually wins the game while having any two out usually wins a font; IB and Whisperghast curse opposing runes from the distance, the Riftlord summons hella champs, sustains an overall DMZ and amps the damage on the Shadestriker and the Whisperghast and the Whisperghast also allows relocations and retreats, IB tanks while allowing encouraged Riftlord kills from the spirits he summons and IB's own attacks.

Spirits Within was, sadly, a bad rune. It seemed exciting at first but a Haunt equivalent on champs don't work because it basically means they're still free to run around and wreck your Bane Shift before getting cc-ed.

Can someone explain the utility behind a Soul Collector tho. VS the runes I have up there?

10. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

Spirits Within triggers if you kill the champ
    edit: or cleansed according to @kalasle