Do you want to see the FW bonus changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jul 28, 2015.

?

Do you want to see the FW bonus changed?

1. Yes

30.8%
  2. No

69.2%
  1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Would the proportions of the bonuses change, for instance, would the CDR value get reduced, and the globe bonus increased?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I did say Undead =P. Witches would have the worst time of it.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Exactly this... except now not EVERY undead would need it.

For example Lich king does NOT need a cooldown reduction when they have immortality. Really the cooldown should be on units DESIGNED to be recycled. This avoids having to nerf all cheap units or other interactions.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

That actually was a good idea to swap the cooldown bonus to boon and adjust the bonus.

It makes more thematic sense that non living units would receive the main benefits of cooldown and not witches, worms, beasts, what-have-you.

The next question comes about in how much is %60 cooldown worth as an ability?

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@kalasle democracy isn't always great when it comes to game balancing. Most people don't understand game balance or the fw faction well. Also a thread where everyone can vote including non fw players isn't really useful. This is like making a thread asking how hard people want IS to be nerfed.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, in that scenario, I'd end up chopping up Boon anyway, but I was mostly demonstrating that it doesn't initially change much, and that it is the chopping up of Boon that has the faction identity changing impact under that scenario.

And in general, I am moving away from keying things off "my faction's race/feature" for things like FW's Undead and ST's Arctic, since it is mostly just a nightmare for mirror matches and in many cases similar enough to a "friend or foe" designation.

7. Sokolov

It'd be probably be something different, yea, but probably not by much.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Depending on to what you are actually referring --

Dark wanted to see a poll, I also wanted to see a poll. I like hearing what other people have to say as a player. Not every post is about making direct comments to Sok, you know? Maybe hearing what people think influences his decisions, but sometimes folks on the forums to talk to hear what other players think about the game.

My comment about "Just 'cause MW says it" meant that you aren't representative of the entire body of primarily-FW players.

And yes, a thread where non-FW players can talk is useful -- it just depends on the use. And in this case, the thread is here to hear what people think about the faction. If I wanted just FW players' opinions, I would have gone to the FW forums. In-game factions extend into the forums and the player-base only incidentally; everyone is a member of the community; Pox players first, faction players second. That's how I choose to see other people here, at any rate.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I never said this, I don't the boon of the undead ability.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You said the Bonus is bad; Sok said he thought some number of the FW community greater than 1 shunned the bonus -- that's what I'm talking about.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

try zombies.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Alot of the people on the forums are zealots or don't like certain factions for whatever reasons or uninformed on certain subjects. Some factions are disliked by many players such as kf, is, and fw. Making polls where everyone in gd can vote isn't going to really help much when it comes to properly balancing these factions. This is how UD and FW were gutted in the first place.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Fortunately I hate balance and just want to talk about games.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Don't they already have 20% extra gen on collection of globes?

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

no?

16. chickenpox2

Boon of undead- This champion hasImmunity: DiseaseandFearless. When this champion recovers a nora globe, you gain an additional 20% nora

17. chickenpox2

Sok will we ever see collection of souls be changed to Attack:LOL ? cause attack: disease sucks against FW

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

boon is going to lose disease immunity I think.

19. Sokolov

The idea is that the 20% on globes would become the faction bonus INSTEAD or becomes one of the ability of one of the themes.

(i.e. we chop the bonus and boon all up and divide it all around)

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

on globe effect might just promote spell spamming a little too much. Anyway the bonus could activate on any real champ death or enemy champ death?

I am not really sure what would be best as a new bonus for fw, I am just not fond of the current one.