Do you want to see the FW bonus changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jul 28, 2015.

?

Do you want to see the FW bonus changed?

1. Yes

30.8%
  2. No

69.2%
  1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Why would it do that? Boon already does nora on globe. Are you saying Boon promotes spell spamming currently and you want that changed?

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Honestly the 20% makes very little difference in the beginning i was like wow this was really good combining it with soul collector and dead eater but alone it not very effective

I feel that this part is the weakest part of the faction bonus.
    also with other sources like unholy tomb no one really notices it actually exists cause we are so used to running tomb

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

20% back on globes would be like FS, but really, really bad. Here's some math that goes over it: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...boon-change-pre-discussion.11018/#post-155671

In a game where both players deploy 10 champions, 9 of each die, and the FW player collects 75% of the globes, they would get about 30 nora. That's 18 full champion deaths and a 3/4 collection rate. The FS bonus makes that, without risk, in the first 5 rounds of the game.

mw24 likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Hey that's what i said ! :mad:

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

kind of. I would prefer the nora to be gen on death and not by obtaining the globe.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Those are details that would be worked out if a change is actually slated.

I feel like I am explaining the same thing over and over to everyone individually.

Bottom Line: I don't believe a change would happen to the FW bonus without a change to Boon at the same time, and vice versa, with the overall goal being that the FW bonus would be generally beneficial to most FW runes, while some themes would get individual bonuses that will likely replicate some parts of the existing FF bonus or current Boon.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think theme abilities replacing boon would be nice.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm good with that plan as long as the cooldown reduction is applied to zombies to continue to allow the attrition style play in that theme.

SireofSuns and mw24 like this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I strongly believe that even FW players are unaware of how reliant and expectful of the bonus they've become. Even if they are unaware of it. There's going to be after effects, and outcry one they realize the full extent of any changes to it.

themacca, Anima26 and Lushiris like this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

If the faction gets a bonus comparable to the rest of the other factions this is highly unlikely.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I have to agree with @IMAGIRL . Even if the new bonus is broken, there will always be someone who will miss endless BZ and afflicted corpse spam.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I dunno man, broken crap is fungible in my book; the adherence is to the ideal, not the idol.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I voted to keep the bonus, but then posted that I would be open to a change if something like boon was also changed to continue to allow attrition BGs. I believe I'm not the only one that voted that way.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

1/8 sounds too legit to quit.

mw24 likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

only like 1/5th of the people voting actually play fw. what's odd is that this many people are voting for it to change when everyone has access to vote.

This thread is liking asking gd how hard do they want IS nerfed. If non IS players can vote many of whom hate the faction how do you think they are going to vote?

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The same would happen if you ask if people want the KF faction bonus changed. Most of the non KF players want it changed, but I bet most KF players want it left alone.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

probably but I played kf and wanted it changed in the past. With the new maps and map rotations I don't know if I still feel that way though. One of the main reasons the bonus was overpowered before was because of draw wins that don't happen as often on the new maps. Many kf themes also got nerfed pretty hard. First turn double deploys are now the new issue though on these maps. Also many of these maps favor knockback, fire eater, and flying way too much. Going first also gives a huge advantage on most of these maps especially if you go first with a ranged unit or super tank like grintmaw bouncer.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Nice thread, was interesting to read some good thoughts and opinions.

Edit: I dont play FW myself but i do worry that if the change is remotely drastic it will more than likely anger a lot of already uninspired FW players that have either stopped playing already or are on the brink, so to speak, or even the players that are currently ok with the way things are. It does look like the change is being given a whole lot of time and thought though so hopefully if any change happens, it works out in a way that FW players can be happy with. I feel like that is the most important thing, balance is important but so is respecting the loyal players and maintaining the player base. Im just a bit worried about it as itll be a big change and id hate to see it go wrong.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  19. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Hnmmm...

Here's a short collection of ideas I've seen, and my own:
    My personal comments are in orange.

Faction bonus ideas:

1] FF/SF: Friendly disease damage to your champions is reduced by 100%/50% and your champions recover an additional 40%/20% nora from nora globes.

This would likely replace Boon of the Undead and apply it to all of our champions. It’s alright, but not really as good as other factions.

2] FF/SF: Your runes have their cooldown reduced by 60%/30% when on cooldown.

This could make things… Ridiculous. I think this is too powerful.

3] FF/SF: You champions receive 100%/50% less disease damage from friendly sources, 50%/25% less disease damage from opposing sources, and recover and additional 40%/20% nora from nora globes.

This is based off #1, slightly better I think.

4] FF/SF: Whenever an opposing spell is played, your champions gain 2/1 AP and +2/1 damage for 2 turns.

Meh, spell hate I guess. Kinda boring and gives you an automatic detection against hidden spells.

5] FF/SF: Whenever a friendly champion is destroyed or an opposing spell is played, friendly champions on cooldown have their cooldown reduced by 4/2.

This combines spell hate, death benefit, and cooldown reduction. I think it might be slightly overpowered, but then, the enemy (usually) has to do something for it to take effect at all. I really like it.

Ignore the red text if you wish, but it does regard the faction overall and could be important to discussing the faction bonus.

Font bonus ideas:

1] Spaces in this font bonus zone are a Dead Magic Zone, friendly champions that start their turns in this zone gain Impenetrable for 4 turns.

I’m really against removing the DMZ, but I’m okay with adding something else to the thing. Other factions already get a change in terrain for their fonts and something else, FW should be no different. Although, Impenetrable for 4 turns might be a bit much.

2] Spaces in this font bonus zone are a DMZ, and opposing champions that enter this zone have their damage and Speed reduced by ??% for 3 turns.

This is an “anti” version. Basically nerfing any enemy that gets too close, enabling you to more easily retake the font.

3] Spaces in this font bonus zone are a DMZ, friendly champions that start their turns in this zone gain Warding for 4 turns.

Basically a different and possibly more balanced version of #1.

4] Spaces in this font bonus zone are a DMZ, friendly champions that start their turns in this zone become Stealthed for 2 turns.

I’m not really sure if this would be op or not. It looks cool, and I personally don’t think it’d be op, but then again, I've been told I'm insane and evil. :D

5] Spaces in this font bonus zone are a DMZ, friendly champions that start their turns in this zone take 25% less damage from attacks for 4 turns.

This could be okay, basically a weaker temporary rank of evasive and reflexes.

BotU ideas:

1] This champion is immune to friendly Disease damage, takes 50% less Disease damage from opposing sources, cannot be frightened, and recovers an additional 20% nora from nora globes.

I’m actually going to stop right there for this, that really is the best approach I think. That is, if it isn’t removed entirely or split up.

Pipster likes this.
  20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Could an option be something like
    When X race or w/e is out this unit has x cooldown reduction.

Idk.