Doesn't Anyone Else Find It Strange

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emries, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

that Poison Elemental doesn't have Poison Eater or Immunity on base? I mean, it's an elemental of poison and it gets hurt by poison? Other than Bone Elemental which was buffed a while back and worthy of its cost, doesn't anyone else think that the other elementals could at least have their respective "eater" abilities on base to justify their cost in the current meta? 80-85 nora elementals that get hurt by their own elements just seem kinda silly nowadays :p

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Perhaps it was because they thought poison cloud + poison eater would be OP?

I dunno.

3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Should be rank 3 resist, or immune... but not eater.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Didn't it used to?

5. Emries

Yeah most of them have it on upgrades, but not only does that seem weird to have it as an upgrade when it should have it on base (basically an auto upgrade anyways most of the time in-theme), their nora costs simply doesn't justify it. Plays weird too - melee range 80 nora poison champ with trap: poison but doesn't eat it? Even revolting fentrek does more theme-wise Without Upgrades and eats it for a grand total of 65 nora :p

6. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why not. By going this logic Sand and Mud elemental should get immunity physical or resistance at least. That would be amazing !

7. Emries

Mud Elemental does have Resist Physical multiple ranks and Absorb which does make sense and does make it worth and does make it amazing.
    I'd rather have Hidden Sand on Sand Elemental though - it's a walking sand dune I mean come on :p

8. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh i missed Mud ele buff. Nice nice. Sand is quite nice now but too expensive. They should reduce his nora cost i think.

9. only

only Active Member

Poison Elemental should gain Plant race as the secondary one.

10. Emries

Actually now that I think about it, Rover: Hidden: Sand would make more sense for Sand Elemental given what he is :p

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I feel like it did have poison immunity at one point in time. But I don't really remember.

12. bluestun

bluestun Member

I recall it having immune poison as well, or maybe it was an upgrade

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Same

14. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

It still has elemental fortitude on base, and that grants it 3 ranks of poison resistance.

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

fortitude is an awful ability

16. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Same was with Magma ele, one day, it is made of magma and had no immun fire.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I am scared to think what Wood Eater would be. :eek:

dsjtheman likes this.
  18. Emries

Wood Eater = Devotee of De'lim huehue

19. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Wood Elemental has Resistance: Physical 2 on base, and can't hurt itself. The Poison Elemental isn't even resistant to it's own AOE. Elementals should at least have Resistance to their own damage type, and the Poison Elemental should have Immunity on base. I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who disagrees with that.

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah elemental fortitude gives resist 3...but meh its a bummer to have to use an upgrade to gain immunity. I mean why don't it gotz trail poison, damage shield: poison 9, poison aura 6 and poison explosion 11!! Then I might consider running it over a muck dragon...get muck'd