DoG Staff, Read plz...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Coincidentally KF is the only faction I don't have a BG in right now. It's hardly unreasonable to say this thread is about trees when you spend 2/3 of the OP talking about trees. If we are in fact so ignorant why don't you enlighten us? With detail please.

2. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Clearly, this thread is about how ISisOP

Authyrtyr likes this.
  3. Authyrtyr

Hmm... you said that our responses were ignorant. Although... at this point your responses are so incendiary I'm beginning to question your motives. You don't appear to have any intention of convincing people of any particular change so I'm beginning to wonder why you made this thread to begin with.

RedScarlet likes this.
  4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Nobody flocks to KF lol pretty sure everoyne here hates KF, the problem is its obvious you lost and you are acting like a 5 year old.

Tarathil likes this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sorry but I only played KF when my Grimthir was 2-7 range

drathys likes this.
  6. Authyrtyr

I played a Treefolk superchamp BG for a while but traded it away about a year ago. I think that's the only KF BG I've played for any notable period of time.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think a good starting point for toning trees down is to nerf the "take root" ability. Lowering Gnarlwood Launcher's range or damage is mandatory. Dryad is pretty efficent for her price. That's all I can think of for now. Hope that was positive enough to help with your thread.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I cant tell if the people in this thread don't agree with the OP or just don't like him. poor devs, they have to wade through miles of this stuff. less leet speak and more plain language would probably serve the revamp effort more. or are people still farming likes for useless forum points?

BroWatchThis likes this.
  9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I agree with the OP, but there were nothing important about the first post, just a whining post. . . and it was entitled 'DoG staff read plz.' (I thot it was something important and/constructive). . .I would classify it as misleading your readers.

As of now, SAPLINGS are too strong when completely buffed. Their base stats:

SAPLINGS 6/5/1/0/21

to see how much can the theme flourish:
    Greenhouse: +3DMG, +0HP, +1DEF, +1SPD, +0RNG
    Boost 3: +3DMG, +6HP, +1DEF, +0SPD, +0RNG
    DomainVeg: +2DMG, +0HP, +1DEF, +0SPD, +0RNG
    Take Root: +4DMG, +10HP, +2DEF, +0SPD, +1RNG

Banner: +1DMG, +5HP, +0DEF, +0SPD, +0RNG

in Total: +13DMG, +21HP, +5DEF, +1SPD, +1RNG
    and you only have to invest in
    (Banner - 25nora), (Greenhouse - 35 nora), (Patriarch - 58nora) = 118 nora

SAPLINGS 19/6/1-2/5/42 Multiattack 1, Regen, Defensive Strike....

While the saplings themselves aren't at fault, nor are some of the trees... (boost and tokens are at healthy condition),

....but the buff from Domain: Veg, Take Root, and Greenhouse differentiate them from other themes, and makes all the saplings snowballs faster. I suggest these three buffs are to be toned down. Because individually, the treants are healthy and quite balanced. But their supports and THEME ability are in need of a nerf.

I mean, compare Greenhouse with Voil King's Crypt. It serves the same purpose, diff mechanism (35+20 for 1 sapling but continously without limit vs 60 nora for relatively cheaper bats, but with a limitation), but Greenhouse serves a double purpose: it also boosts your treants in an AoE.

The theme just snowballs faster than other themes. Other than that I think the theme works well.

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'm just posting in this extremely amusing thread because I can before it very likely disappears in the forum post heaven.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Proud to say I inspired this thread. <3

drathys likes this.
  12. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

I just did!

13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Yo watch this: if you make a game and call out browatchthis, someone else will join before he runs out of excuses not too

14. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Bro I Watched that....@zz whippin u caught

I actually watched his match vs BNortorious (Trees) on FW and he was winning.
    Then ball dropped later Notorious turns the tide after getting borghas spammed and makes away with the surrender win.

I only watched the match to see how he would lose, and in turn, how he would rage.
    I was disappointed to go to the lobby and see none :./

This makes up for it

Tarathil and Pipster like this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

take root at 1 nora, too legit

16. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

And so the truth comes out. There's a lot wrong with a lot of runes currently. And that's OK, this is still the early stages of the revamp.

There is nothing constructive at all in saying "DO SOMETHING ABOUT KF!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but you guys are burning this game down to the ground". This post isn't doing anything except publicly humiliating you BWT

17. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Stop trolling , Trees are actually a serious problem when talking about balance...... and if you confuse the devs they will do it wrong again , they need help not more confusion.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  18. Authyrtyr

If someone said that trees weren't OP I missed it.

19. Authyrtyr

Boost's range is large enough that it usually just applies to all your trees but last I checked greenhouse only has a range of 3 spaces which is somewhat limiting. In addition DOG has said that they're going to take a pass at non-champ runes in a later phase of the revamp. Here's to hoping that comes soon.

20. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.