DoGs, could you please address the warbanner issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BansheeX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It is one of the most crucial things to let new players have access to.
    Make it gold buyable for 100 gold, give it for free, include it when you buy an Avatars.
    Anything please.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Shimaru, Burcho, Etherielin and 3 others like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yes please!

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Hold on... this was posted after my post discussing the same thing...

That makes you a better double poster than me...

Well BansheeX... Challange accepted!

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Let's… not… please? The more topics created, the faster things get pushed down, meaning more topics become created, it overall makes it harder to have a discussion… It's a bad cycle...

I mean as it is, the original topic on the whole Warbanner's has already fallen to page six. It's one thing to try to make a new post since it is difficult to find it and people may not be used to the search function working, it's another thing to purposefully try to create duplicate threads just for attention grabbing...

5. BansheeX

huh what?

I didnt see any post by you on the frontpage about Warbanners.

6. KTCAOP

They are referring to this post.

7. BansheeX

Well I didnt read that one. The tittle sounded like a negative complain thread so I didnt bother to click it ;)

8. KTCAOP

Ha =P. Valid enough =P.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

THIS JUST IN
    KTCAOP USED THE REPLY FUNCTION

10. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

That's not valid at all... All three points were valid actually.

11. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

I will say they are core set LEGs, so they come in the super cheap core set packs. In the last 5 days there have been 110 new wabanners added, so they are not unattainable.

That being said I get your meaning.

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

This does bring up a good point that it is currently very confusing on what runes show up in what packs despite the current information out there.

I feel that the rune filter needs to be adjusted to just Core, Extended, Expansion.
    Otherwise you still have all those expansions names you were looking to remove and you basically have to check 3 different places to see what comes from where.

Zenity likes this.
  13. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'd like that. I see no real reason to keep the expansion names for sorting purposes.

I never even used this before the change either. But filtering the content of these new packs seems useful, because unlike the old expansion boxes we had before, these are actually going to be purchased.

14. BansheeX

I know they are not unobtainable but they are such a integrated and important part of a BG that new players should not have to go through loops, luck and trading to get them. It is something like that that can drive new players away.

15. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

You're not wrong yobachi. Mind you I was not looking to remove all the old expansions, I just thought having ~40 kinds of packs in the store was unwieldy. Might be nice if it went both ways, you could see what set a rune was in, and could search by set in the checklist. We will check into this.

BansheeX, We are going back and fourth internally on the accessibility of LEs in general right now. Regardless, I think you're right in that WBs should be addressed. Going to figure something out here.

Zenity, Shuyash, Goyo and 1 other person like this.
  16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I don't want to squash your profits, so Im glad they are proc'ing in packs etc. Perhaps a compromise would be to release a non-leg version ... and it would be less "valuable" to collectors but satisfy a base need for so many decks.

17. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Change banners to a Rare. Bam problem solved.

18. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

Yeah. We just had a meeting to discuss this issue. We're considering the options now and will see what we can do.

19. KTCAOP

I personally think they are fine as being legendary, but I do feel that there should be a simple (simple versus easy here) way for new players to get their hands on the Warbanners. As it is, five of the eight theme decks contain war banners and all but 4 of the public decks (the 2 KF, 1 SP, 1 FW) contain war banners. I feel that having them included in the Avatar bundle would be one of the best ways to go about it, or even make them a 50 or 100 owl purchase.

For better or for worse, these relics are too powerful and are part of a significant number of full faction decks and have become a staple. Before they used to be given only to players who were subscribing members then made easily obtainable to have that first purchase made by having players buy the sample stater (along with the avatar) and then could be relatively easily swapped out by using the Rune Pool.

Again, I feel that there should be a simple way to obtain the war banners.

Kampel likes this.
  20. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I agree, bundled with Avatars is a good idea, especially since they're kinda pricey when you compare the gold to owl cost ratio. I don't think they're too powerful, I think they're a good incentive to run a FF deck, which often seems to be slightly weaker than a split (please dont argue this, its just my opinion).

Also, 110 warbanners in 5 days! That's a lot of core packs!