DomiCliff has got to go

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lanfear, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Seriously....this is the lamest spell in the game. Makes me rage and quit every time it decides a game. See you in 6 months, when i get over this.... until the next time.

2. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

The game should not allow running your own champs down a cliff... This is one of those "hostile by design" features which really doesn't have a reason to exist, other than to grief newbies. :) Let's stop the griefing and make the game a little less infuriating in the process, this is really long overdue. The occasional laughs just aren't worth it.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've never encountered it in the last 3 years. What is the real problem, domination, or the ability to use existing cp on the champ, plus what domination grants, plus mobilization/invigorate? My thought would be to have domination set a champ to 5 ap, prevent future ap gain, and not allow any more spells for the turn.

4. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Dominate has forever been a trash pathetic crutch spell. Its often meta because Honor holds no place at the top. Winning is the only motive and its quite machiavellian.

RARELY have i seen dominate used in a skillful way and actually attack , use an ability, or waste AP or do anything critical other than cliffing.
    I've watched it decide many a games unjustly. For instance i watched a game of RazielCZ the other day and he played extremely well, however his opponents constant spell spam and cheese proved to be too much. That whole thing started with a domi cliff and when Raziel fought through it when i would of quit and started to comeback and push his opponent back, another domicliff put him out the game indefinitely.

Thats the mot recent instance, but domicliff has constantly won games for those who shouldnt have won.

Enslave immoblizes, honest mistake is more of what i think domi should be used for. Theres no other possession spell that has this freedom.

It has been begging for a rework forever, hopefully this upcoming sweep will set it right

And just for the record i've rarely been domicliffed. However in more matches than if comfortable with i was watching a good match and then a domicliff makes me lose all respect and interest in the game. Actually i instantly root for the opposition to the caster of the domination. Its classless, cheesy and far too good so its sad that it has become such a meta presence.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Indeed, kill it with fire

6. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Should you just not be able to run your own champions into chasms then? That would fix the problem, but what cost would it come at? Any?

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

USe the search funtion. There was a huge thread on it very recently. Try looking at the suggestion for it in the FW forum as well.

ArchersAxe likes this.
  8. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

That really is the elephant in the room if you ask me. I just witnessed some limited league player cliff dive his flyer because it was grounded (been there, done that). This is just high level trolling by the devs, and there is no practical reason why suicide needs to exist. Remove this strange mechanic, and Domination will instantly be a lot more palatable, no need for complicated workarounds. Well you could still move a flyer over a cliff and then ground it, but at least that's a bit more elaborate (and if drown is okay, then that's probably okay too).

Prami likes this.
  9. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

The only practical use for a cliff that I've ever seen is avoiding a Parasitic Fesh from respawning.

10. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

Aaah. It's good to see we haven't moved anywhere in the year or two I've been gone ^^

To be serious. The only use it has is this, changing it will make it shoebox, which won't really be a hit to FW anyway since we have enough stuff to swap it with.
    But there has been HUUGE discussions in FW about what should be done, and how we should if we could change it. Though we have never gotten any notice from the big boys.

But these kind of whine posts doens't go anywhere either, since it's basicly the nth number about the same thing, written in the same way.

Also, the thing about honor holding no place in the top... It's a strategy/war game, the honor lies in behaving well as a winner or looser, while using all the tools at your disposal.
    All is fair in love and war etc...
    If you want to be the best, you will have to take it seriously, and think about how to win, not how to not use OP runes, or how to look good.

11. Boozha

So you are saying OP things should stay and people should just deal with themes being unviable and crutches being OP? That sounds just fabulous.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

And what about making it like "this spells has the same nora cost as target champion"?

13. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

There's a lot of tactical uses of domination, but they aren't as good as simply destroying the champion.

Remove the instakill mechanic, and lower the nora cost.

kat7ra likes this.
  14. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Jedi mind tricks :)

15. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

No I'm saying ppl should not whine about the current runes being used to gain the highest rank, runes will and should be changed, in any strategy game changes will lead to ppl being forced to adapt which is good, doens't amtter if it's SC/Pox/Moba/AoE or whatever, and OP stuff should be balanced out as best possibe.

But whining on the forums about the top players having no honor is bull.
    The current runes are the current runes, and having a game being 100% balanced is virtually impossible without everyone using the same runes on a 100% mirrored map, as in chess. But then, we could just play chess.

TL:DR OP runes need to be balanced, but whining about players using them to win while they are there is stupid.

P.S
    There is a difference between exploiting a known bug and using a strong rune.

16. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

How much would you say is fair if we stay with 3 AP and no cliff dive?

17. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think it was 35 nora when it went out first, without thinking of chasm killing champs, so just make spell give chasmwalker for 2 turns and set price for 35 nora?

That way it becomes tactical rune instead of rage inducing instakill, still very runnable for using opponent ap/skills and getting them out of position.

18. kat7ra

kat7ra Member

I would have to test it, but I doubt I'd give it a spot at 35 nora. It would just be underhwlming. I would only be able to get an attack off, and that is only if my opponent is bad at placing his champs or on certain maps with limited space. I would most likely have to spend a mobility with it, and if it's not a big powerturn thats too much, and if it is I already want to use something else with the mobi, like an ED.
    Runes need a space in the faction they are placed, and 35, 3 ap no cliff dive is not something that would be worth it imo.

I am currently not even using it myself because I feel the draw/map/placement needed makes it so rarely useable vs an opponent that is really good at placing his champs vs FW.

Could be the game has changed so that cliffdomi is now a lot better then before, but I doubt it has changed.

19. Boozha

No, its not stupid. Bug users are shameless pieces of Bane Shift, and so are crutchers that lean on obviously ridiculous interactions. There is no reason to not call out someone betraying balance knowingly to get a trivial blue name.

20. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Think of eg. using a breath or cone ability on enemy champs, spell like effect that puts enemy player skill on CD, along with maybe getting enemy in ur auras/poison cloud walk. With spell nerfed ppl will pay less attention to it, and would be easier to pull off.

Could open some combos too. Something like Domi+anathema+sac blade? Or domied champ walking around poison cloud/lava? Can still chasm a champ but requires crystal wall too or whatever it's called? Domied champ generously clearing enemy traps face first?

35 nora was just first thought, would have to be tested to get it right. Rune is situational that way, but could have a surprising number of uses.