Domination will most likely end up getting changed at some point.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Your suggestion does seem to have a lot of parts but probably change from Psychic damage to LoL at least, I can foresee abusing that with Immunity: Psychic champs.

2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

True, but LoL wouldn't ever hit the shrine, which was the bigger idea behind the damage portion. But LoL could work as well, in a way, especially if it's changed from a flat amount to a percentage. 30-50% of the nearest unit's health, which would mean that it would likely be an even bigger hit to the shrine in situations where it ended up being the target.

My biggest goal though isn't support for my idea specifically, just to get away from this half-ass band-aid fix bs that people keep getting hung up on.

Let's not make it 'bearable.' if the situation at the moment isn't bearable, let's fix the darn problem, so that we don't have to worry about it cropping up again.

3. only

only Active Member

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I'm very sorry, but I didn't even read your idea! I do quite like it, offers interesting stuff to the table.

5. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I support the idea of chasm walker for two turns. Or even chasm walker forever... then the cost may be reduced by 10 nora. Domination is an interesting spell, but with cliff diving it becomes so stupid.

6. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Chasmwalker is a ******** solution imo

7. Squama

Why? It solves the main problem, allowing a nora discount...

8. BansheeX

Because its a clumsy unflavourfull fix and it can be circumvented.
    And the spell should be useful after a change. At 40 nora it would not be worth including with Chasmwalker.

9. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

just add chasm walker and its more or less fixed. -5 nora meybe if chasm walker is added.

10. Faust

why u think so ? it would be enslave like SL spell but u could use it for triggering traps or moveing and atacking using enemy champs.

i see u try to save domi chasm combo here.

11. BansheeX

Have you even read the original suggestion I made in the opening post?
    If you have can you please point me to the part of it that let it cliffdive people.

Gods its annoying when people try to come with "input" without even reading the OP.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  12. Faust

fine, my bad

but adding Stationary will make it more or less Enslave like spell.

13. BansheeX

Except it wouldnt.
    Try reading the entire OP again. Enslave is 1 turn stationary with full HP.
    My suggestion is another kind of animal.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Domination: 40+ nora
    Target Enemy champion gains Traitorous: At the end of owners turn this unit becomes possessed 1.
    basically prevents cliff diving but dramatically changes how the champ needs to be played on their turn (leaving them away from chasms and other champs).

Domination- 40 nora
    Target champion with 50% or lower hp becomes possessed 1 and gains 4 ap.
    Still allows shenanigans but prevents the dreaded clipping of a full hp champion.

15. BansheeX

1. Far to easy to play around and far to situational as i see it. Would not be soemthing i would bother with paying 40+ Nora for.
    2. If the champions is at 50% or less HP, cliffing it would be silly. There are far more effective ways to kill a 50% health champion than cliffing it. As i see it, it would be an entirely shoeboxing of the spell.

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

You could maybe revise those nora costs lower.
    To clarify your original idea isn't bad as it becomes more of a font contesting support rune which is fine.
    It does add a lot of stuff to make it work.

I do like throwing out ideas ^_^.

Domination: Nora cost
    The next time target champion collects a nora globe it becomes possessed 3.
    This effect is hidden until triggered.

17. Squama

I do like throwing out ideas too^^... and what about adding lumbering? This does not prevent cliffdiving, but at least makes it much more difficult on most of the maps... the price could be lowered by 5 nora... done.

18. BansheeX

Give me your honest reply. Would you ever pay 45 nora for Domination with Lumbering. (If you say yes I´ll accuse you of lying) Apart from making cliffdiving near impossible, it would remove the more or less only other good use for it (lavawalking)

19. bluestun

bluestun Member

Im against giving dominated champs extra abilities like flying or chasm walker. I understand trying to balance the cliff diving thing but it is incredibly anti thematic. You are enslaving something's mind and it suddenly can fly or climb up and down chasms?

20. Squama

"Good" use should be using the champ for some purpose, not just sending him to death... there are other spells for this.
    It could be 40 nora, i don't know exactly, but for sure 30 nora would be still OP.

From this point of view, i think lumbering is much more thematic, because it means that the dominated champ is slower, may be its mind is trying to fight the domination so that he cannot run like Usain Bolt? :D