Don't you think mirefolks need some adjustment?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by urgoth16, Jul 2, 2015.

1. urgoth16

urgoth16 Member

Especially cost wise. They are suffering badly for semi aquatic +4 which can have negative results.
    I think it semi aquatic 0 nora.
    What do u think? maybe some other adjustment may help the theme.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I'd have to play them to put out m opinion on them, but they are not as bad as people thing.

My only qualm / issue is that I don't like the play style where it is hard to consistently produce water Infront of me.

3. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

Copy and pasting from thread earlier last month:

I can't be bothered to locate my post on this issue from months ago, but it felt like a kneejerk response to something that sort of fixed itself.

When the revamp happened, a lot of aquatics / semi-aquatics WITH their bonus active, had six speed. Some had seven. Prior to the revamp, a lot would be in the seven or eight range. This was obviously a problem, but was compounded by a few particular units:

Pirahnid.

A Tempest or Frenzied in midfont a few turns into the game in conjunction with the old maps made it impossible to retaliate unless you had some amazing support spells drawn at that point. This with the potential for water-heavy maps or just rushable maps in general exacerbated the efficiency of the Pirahnid.

With how the revamp panned out for the Circadian units, a lot actually came into line with pre-nerf Semi-aquatic. The old Pirahnid before the map revamp, however, still had their speed and damage mostly untouched. Usually, when I saw someone complaining about Aquatics, it was because of Pirahnid. It'd be interesting to see what'd happen if they just reverted the nerf but redesigned the Pirahnid units.

EDIT: I also feel the idea that water gen was too accessible is both right and wrong. It's silly when a lot of units have Water Front, sure. But it's also silly when you not only fight against random draws in a card based game AND don't get water generation in the first few turns. You're forced to crawl and suffer damage until something becomes available. Sometimes it takes a couple turns for it to catch up to the fight, too. Sort of a completely different topic, but I felt it had some relevancy.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's balance in terms of cost, since Bonus: Speed is 8 and Logistic: Speed 5. Weigthy -6, but you cannot go past 3 spaces while you can rush toward a water source with no problem.

Maybe water sources could be proliferated a little more?

5. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see more relics have the "adjacent tiles become shallow water" effect added. Or even a new "this unit's tile counts as shallow water".

6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Imo unless your going mainly for aquatic units, water generation isnt really a big deal considering that we have relics, spells, equips and champs generating water all of witch synergize well with mirefolk. Now regarding nora cost, I agree with the OP in the sense that they are a bit overcosted.

7. Kaziken

I still think Forglar's shrine and fonts should have all water tiles. Playing Aquatic early game is painful.

Goyo and 4NIK8 like this.
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Yes, this, ive never understood why we get some shitty ass 1 space of water, its really annoying when i play pure aquatics. It could really do with being addressed tbh.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Ohmin likes this.
  9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Hey Sok, can FS has it's font and shrine water expanded?

Ohmin and Anima26 like this.
  10. urgoth16

urgoth16 Member

deliver us Sok

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Deliver us untowardth the holy light.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

While we're at it, can Aquatic have it's DMG/DEF buffs back?

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Circadian Chronologist has very sad stats for her cost:oops::(:eek:. I look at her in my collection I want to include her in my deck then I look at 80 nora for 8dmg/ 38 hps and I am sad. I think she was 76-78 nora at highest before cost formula went into effect. If only she could return to that sweet spot. Same goes for Circadian Arcanist, Enchantress, and Songmaster were all 3 or 4 nora cheaper. Now I feel like I am deploying them at ST cost without the bonus. +6 nora really doesen't ease the pain of watching your squishy ranged mirefolk get the Bane Shift nuked out of them with an added 4 nora cost because of this formula. Regal presence on Ctharia was helping the ranged circadian's last and now thats getting changed -5 hp :(

14. Kaziken

If the + 4 nora kneejerk nerf to Semi-Aquatic was reverted, she'd be worth running again.

profhulk likes this.
  15. urgoth16

urgoth16 Member

Oh yes with the change of loyalty, this theme will be far worse sigh.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I love the idea of Chronologist being able to relocate and stuff with Deep Dive but that nora cost holy cyclops balls. And as you guys have pointed out, Regal Presence nerf is going to indirectly nerf Mirefolk further, just like the recosting. They do need a love tap, their nora costs are just too damn high.
    [​IMG]

17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

For the record, I happen to agree with the perception that the Circadian portion of Mirefolk are a bit expensive. It's been mentioned in the player council area, so as long as your ideas are well-reasoned and fleshed out I don't mind drawing attention to them :)

Side note: what are your thoughts on the pre-revamp FS/FW Mirefolk split? I miss the Mysian connection, but I haven't seen much to suggest others share this sentiment.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Does body jump still work on Elsari siren? Will it work if I cast Forced reconstruction on her? Mysian Lamia getting circadian rite buffs was cool. I like the idea of a potential 8 range sentinel lamia guarding my pirahnids. I ran some fs/fw mirefolk split with elder bloodinder and all my life siphon pirahnids which was pretty powerful. Just some cool synergy I see between the two factions.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Also, my thoughts on each Mirefolk (SA or not) and the theme in general as it currently is: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/what-do-mirefolk-decks-look-like.16663/

Post #12

Includes some minor suggestions on tweaking a few of them, especially Chronologist, to be more "appropriate" in my view, but it's mostly just me rambling on about good and bad points (could still be useful if looking at further buffs/nerfs/whatevers).

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no