DOTA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dovahkhiin, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

Anyone round here still kicking this ball around? Anyone from Oceania/SEA wanna kick the ball around with me?

Also: Dat TI4 prize pool

2. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Rooting for DK at TI4.

3. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

I'm hoping Fnatic actually manages to do something this year, I also want a surprise Meepo pick, so theres that.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you mean league?

inb4madfanboys

Nebron and Hekatian like this.
  5. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

I had something for this...

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

FNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATICFNATIC

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

but but but

soaz twitter doe

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

#rekklesthegodddd

realtalk though i didn't like them ditching nrated, guy werked well with rekkles. ://////

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I stopped playing DotA (and DotA-esque games) when Warcraft III stopped being popular.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm going to unleash hell now

but rekkles is super overrated

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i dunno that i agree with that. i'd say he's the strongest individual player on fnatic right now, but from what i've seen it looks like they have trouble with coordinating with him (sort of in the trust issues line) still to a certain extent.

also one of the strongest adcs in europe, although i'm not gonna say he's at the top of the table

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He does this thing where he never fully commits if he risks dying, so he always ends up X/0/X in a lot of games making him look good, but not doing enough for the team

or afk farming, if that

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's more or less what i meant by trouble coordinating/trust issues. he's a really good player, he just doesn't seem to have all the right mentality

14. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

I play dota with a bunch of RL friends

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

well slap me on the ass and call me a gypsy

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i was gonna do that anyhow

17. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

This thread was successfully invaded huh

18. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Well, in terms of production value for viewing the games, DotA 2 has lower production value which actually for me makes it a much more enjoyable experience. The commentators are a bit more raw, though some of them are too raw and it draws away, it's still fairly entertaining to watch and see how coordinations works. There are a lot of things that I like from the game including the captain mode pick/ban phase, the ability to deny creeps and towers, etc., but I also dislike the shop organization and the fact that all of the characters are unlocked for you immediately. It was and still is overwhelming to me to get everything thrown at me. But yeah.

19. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I tried DOTA2 and had the same overwhelming experience having all the characters available. I also need to try it again, but this time make sure I'm being paired up with other noobs. Last time I was paired with some experienced players that were raging on the fact I had no clue what I was doing.