Dragon Handler

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Raxar, May 25, 2015.

1. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Hey guys, at work I was thinking about SL runes that feel like they should be in a theme but just aren't quite good enough to make it. I couldn't help but think about young dragon handler. He seems pretty solid on paper, but soon you realize why you wouldn't run him. He has violent but feels like he should be run in dragons. Drive is cool, but surge dragon makes you think he should be using his ap on attacks. He also doesn't have dragonflight, the bread and butter dragon racial theme. My idea for this neat champion is to become a support for dragons. Since this guy is a caretaker of dragons, I imagine that he would have to know how to heal them, so throwing a healing ability on him and taking off regeneration sounds good to me. Next for how he fits into dragons. The point of playing a dragon themed deck is to deploy them and grant one dragon aerial supremacy, so what if he could grant the buff for 6 turns like the deploy does? Sometimes you want to deploy two dragons without dragonflight in a row, but you miss out on getting AS this way. For the second upgrade, some sort of defensive tool would be cool, like divert or grant:evasive/reflexes ect.

SO, the new handler would have

7-8 attack , 6 spd, 1 range, 1 def, 50 hp,
    attack physical
    drive
    Grant: Aerial Supremacy
    Upgrade: Heal Champion
    Upgrade: Divert?

Just a thought

ormen likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Imo:
    remove violent, remove magic attack, remove surge from upgrades
    Add "sustain", add "guarded: dragon"
    Mass heal ranks in upgrade path and other def abilities like your ideas on the other path.

Much like Cavernkeeper

3. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

grant: aerial supremacy seems like it should be a thing.

4. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

reworking him to be more dragon-supporty would be nice. leverge: dragon and/or disciple of the scale and some utility dragons maybe lacking

5. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

I like Kampel's suggestions, but I don't want him to resemble the ball of stats battlecry/battlemaster/guarded ect units that SL is known for, like draksar lord. IT would be cool of he had some abilities like divert or grant X to make him more fun to use.

6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Boost dragon 3 please