Dragonball Super

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OriginalG1, Mar 8, 2016.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Spirit bomb absorption is an asspull.

2. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Why would you need a new form every second arc? Oh right, because it's a cashgrab that exists to sell toys.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I never saw db super, but the Asian body builder who watched it is pretty cool

4. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Not even that. People in Tokyo are paying hundreds and thousands on dollars for dragon ball figurines anyway. Super had a lot of potential but the soul of the original is not there.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I just don't really understand super, like the enemies have abilities like super speed or telekinesis, this is Bane Shift goku and vegeta beat in like the frieza saga. I'm just not getting how they are matching up time and time again with the saiyans, have they gotten that much weaker even though supposedly they are almost gods now ? It's just getting silly, and the whole tournament would have been a good idea, had they used other saiyans or nameks or aliens like frieza, pikkon , the show has jumped the shark and then ran that Bane Shift over.

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Super shits all over the concepts of power levels Z established and Firking Roshi > Tenshinhan for some reason. Don't even bother trying to make sense of it.

super71 likes this.
  7. Saandro

Well, to be fair the soul of the original was probably lost after the Frieza saga. When a time traveling guy came from nowhere and has the same power as Goku (it was said to be something special) and one-shotted the biggest villain they ever faced and they barely defeated in the previous arc... However what DBZ and GT had were good animation and designs. DB super looks like a low budget fan fiction. The new forms are just recolors. Jiren is supposed to be an iconic bad guy? He looks like a standard grey face alien in a star trek suit. Also removing power levels is a good idea (imo) but the way it was done is just terrible. Apparently Roshi is up there with the best ''because he trained in secret'', when his entire DB arc was retiring after he sees that the young fighters are probably even better than him. You mentioned Tenshinhan and I just recently saw a video about him that's pretty good. Everyone gets a ''Toriyama hanjob'', which usually means training off-screen, except him.

Last december I discovered DBZ abridged. I liked it and started rewatching the original DB over a few months. The last time I saw it was when I was 7. And it surprisingly holds up very well even today. It's actually insane how good the animation in some of the later parts is. Two stand out fights being Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo jr. Super can't even compare. Not to mention all they do is recycle character moments that already happened. We get it, Piccolo likes Gohan and protects him, and gets his arms constantly blown off... There's also the new 3v3 fighting game made by Arcsys and as a big Guilty Gear fan I am very excited about it. However despite all this hype I can't bring myself to even like super. Can't wait to beat up blue haired saiyans with my Yamcha/Tenshinhan/X team.

super71 likes this.
  8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, that's because the animators studied martial arts movements and fights had choreography. Plus, they had the manga to base a lot of content off of whereas Super is made on a really tight schedule. The super animators aren't all bad from what I've researched, they're just being overworked.

9. Saandro

Yeah. I don't really watch anime anymore but from what I've seen animation quality is pretty down across the board. There probably isn't as much money available to studios. And it seems to me the industry and the people involved have changed too. Super is probably not any worse than your average show today.

10. super71

Never forget, tien getting knocked out by super buus legs, and he used to be one of my favorites him and piccolo. They are now both *****es in super.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I never really got into dragonball.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

omg 108 was so good fudge you, those that are too good to talk about super, it was such an awesome episode!!!

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

It was pretty good, I kinda wanna see gohan go full rage mode, I'm tired of seeing him get his ass beat by anyone and everyone.

14. OriginalG1

I am huge fan of Gohan too! I really though Gohan vs Cell was the end of Z for many years. I heard fan theories that state the great saiyaman's obsessive posing is trama cause by the ginyu force. Gohan, for sure is power by encouragement from his team.

15. OriginalG1

I like the character building withf rieza right now a ton as well. I think Quitela and universe 4 right behind universe 6 will be the lasts ones dancing with 7.

16. super71

I'd like to believe that the creators of dbz are that smart but I'm not holding my breath. I think they are saving gohans next power upgrade for the end of the tournament though, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  17. OriginalG1

yes, i am stoked to see where this goes!

18. super71

Not impressed by episode 108, especially after them skipping a week to do it and 109 will be more of the same. This tournament should have been over, they are prolonging it for those views. If this arc doesn't end in gohan going crazy with power like in buu saga I'll be disappointed.

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Gohan is a jobber and won't do Bane Shift this arc.

20. OriginalG1

Full hour of dbz this weeeeeeek!